Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 11th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Default Coupon feed showing all products

Hi,

I have just discovered your coupon feed functionality, and I would like to explore this further.
I found the forum post at http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...hlight=coupons

I started by copying your example code into a product feed on a custom view (americanringstore.com)

The feed works fine at http://www.americanringstore.com/store/coupons

However, it seems to just show all products in stead of coupons. By rights, it should probably not show anything at the moment, as I have not signed up with any of the coupon networks. I plan to sign up shortly, but at the moment, I need to know how to get it to show only coupons and not just all products. If you check out http://www.americanringstore.com/store/coupons, you will see what I mean.

What am I doing wrong?
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Merchants who offer coupons are treated as a separate merchant.

For example, if Best Buy offers coupons, there will be 2 listings:

Best Buy (products)
Best Buy (coupons)

Merchants who have coupons are listed under their respective affiliate network in the factory, but the affiliate network name with have "Coupons/Deals" next to their name. Here's an example of what I mean:

So you should go into those networks and select the merchants whom you want to show coupons from.

Eric
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:38 AM

I understand this. However, I have a shop with products. Hence, I have selected merchants that carry products.

Now I want to have a coupon view in addition to the products. As it is in addition to and not in stead of the products, I can not deselect the merchants that carry products.

I understand that I have to select coupon merchants in order to show coupons. What I do not understand is how to prevent it from showing products in my coupon view.
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can edit your product subscriptions to not include products from coupon merchants. That's how to exclude all coupons from your product listings.

Eric
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:02 AM

But is there a way to remove products from coupon feeds? I have not set up a subscription. I only set up a custom view with a product list as explained in the post I referred to above.

If there is a way to specify a subscription when I set up my custom view, that would take care of my problem.
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:09 AM

Just for clarification: My problem is not that my coupons are showing in my product feed.

My problem is that my products are showing in my coupon feed.

If you take a quick glance at http://www.americanringstore.com/store/coupons, you will see exactly what I mean.
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by trymv View Post
My problem is not that my coupons are showing in my product feed.

My problem is that my products are showing in my coupon feed.
That's easy. When you are creating the 'category' for your coupons, use the Merchant filter to only select merchants which have coupons and are represented by having a dollar sign "$" on the icon.

Eric
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:20 AM

OK, I think you are assuming that I have done a number of things I have not done. I'll tell you exactly what I have done:

I have created a custom view, added a product list to it, and then I pasted the following code into the view:

<h2>Coupons</h2>

[product.each]
<p>
<a href="[product.link]"><strong>[product.name]</strong></a>
from <span style="color:#999;font-size:85%;font-style:italic;">[product.merchant]</span><br />
[coupon.description]<br />
<small>
<strong>Code:</strong> [coupon.code]<br />
<strong>Restrictions:</strong> [coupon.restrictions]<br />
<strong>Begin Date:</strong> [coupon.begin]<br />
<strong>End Date:</strong> [coupon.end]<br />
</small>
</p>
[product.end]

That is all that I have done. I have made no category for coupons, and I have found no option to filter anything at all in my custom view.
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

OK, so basically you need to do a few more things:

1. You must make sure you add at least one merchant from a network which supports "Coupons/Deals" to your store.

2. Then create a category named "coupons" (it could be anything but in this example i will call it "coupons")

3. Add coupons to this new hidden "coupons" category from your coupon offering merchants.

4. Set the "coupons" category to hidden. You can do this when you create the category.

5. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > your new custom view > Product list module > Settings icon ( ).

6. In the custom query field, you need to add c=coupons and select "use custom query" like below:

7. Update your store by clicking the [Update Products and Settings] button.

That should do it.

Eric
Old July 11th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Ah. Brilliant. That's exactly what I've been looking for

Thanks, Eric