Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM

Default Increase store update interval for daily offers

Store ID: 44066
Website URL: supercadeau.eu (in development)
URL to page in question: n/a

Hi,
I would like to have an option to increase the store update interval to less than 1 day, e.g. every 12 hours or maybe even less if possible. This way I am sure that the daily offers will be more actual on my site then they are at this moment. Sometimes they are refreshed in the evening, so the whole day you display an outdated offer.

If someone has an other solution to this, please let me know, I really need this feature and am even willing to pay extra for this, when it works like it should.

regards
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:51 AM

@Stefan & Eric,

Will it be possible to overcome this problem with datafeedr API. I have found an option there to select 'continuous' and define cron interval. At this moment I didn't manage to make it work with the daily offers. The 'old' product stays on my website, even after update of the API and is not changed to the 'new' offer.

How can I play with the option continuous & cron?

Best regards
Old January 22nd, 2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercadeau View Post
The 'old' product stays on my website, even after update of the API and is not changed to the 'new' offer.
Can you be more specific and tell me what offer (product name including merchant + network) you're referring to so I can check whether it's a delay in updating or a merchant not updating the datafeed?
Old January 22nd, 2014, 12:22 PM

Hi,
I tested 2 products:

tradetracker.com Belgium - dagshirt.be - Sweater 'wiskunde is geweldig' (offer from yesterday), has to be 'hoe dan ook, het zal doorgaan' (offer from today
tradetracker.com Belgium - doebie.eu 'unieke tandenbleekpen' (offer yesterday) vs 'mica electrische kachel (offer today)

BR
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM

Not sure what you use (Factory or API service) but TT BE was last updated yesterday (Factory service).

Currently we have in our Factory database:

- Shirt: Extra Fries! (dagshirt.be)

- Magnetische telescopische LED zaklamp vanaf 15,00 (doebie.eu)

Whether you're using the Factory service or API service Datafeedr is not ideal for daily offers (although when testing the links for above products the offers are still available).

Because our servers can only process so much data you will continue to experience the same problem.

In other words there will always be a delay between the moment a merchant updates the datafeed and the moment we update the network.
Old January 22nd, 2014, 01:23 PM

Hi,
Yes, it is clear that datafeedr is not the right tool if you plan to use daily offers, but for me it is of great use for normal product listings