Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old September 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM

Default Broken image links in old dripped posts

I am getting a lot of crawl errors for broken inmages and it seems to be images for products that were dripped in the past but are no longer in the store (withdrawn by merchant from the feed I guess, though the same thing could happen if I changed my dfr queries). I guess the old posts need to be deleted but there are quite a few of them - has anyone else had this problem or got any ideas on how to resolve it?

My store is at http://www.anythinglefthanded.co.uk/uk/
Old September 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Currently, there is no way to mass delete expired dripped posts.

Eric
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:25 PM

How about if you use the "WhyDoWork-Adsense" plugin and set it to display a message on older posts with something like this (an alternative way to mass delete expired drip links - 'manually' - after someone tells you it's broken)...

"This page is over 200 days old .. If you see any broken images and faulty links can you please report it to our webmaster so we can fix it? Thanks"

There may be other means and plugins available as well. I use this plugin (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/whydowork-adsense/) set to 365 days with a 1-year memo-message that will show up. My 404 page just redirects to the front page if I ever do delete posts. (I can't recall someone emailing me to let me know a product image or link in any of my stores is broken though)
Old September 7th, 2012, 03:13 AM

Thanks for the feedback.
I have software to identify the broken links and which pages they are on (I use Web Link Validator) so it looks like a manual job to delete the old posts as a on-off then run it say monthly and pick them up from that.
Will look at the plugin anyway - thanks for the info.
Keith