Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:06 PM

Default tool for identifying broken product links

Store ID: 37117
Website URL: www.boomherbs.com
URL to page in question: http://factory3.datafeedr.com/feeder/search_all

I was so hoping that I could go to this Discovery Tool (love this!) to root out those pesky products and their links/merchants that will result in errors for my shoppers.

IF I had this, I could routinely "clean" my store of undesirable feeds and products.

Here's my question: Is there a tool that will do all or part of this function within Datafeedr for me that I have missed?

If not, is there a tool that you recommend outside of Datafeedr (maybe Wordpress plugin?) for this function of identifying bad links that might pop up in my search results, categories, etc?

Your time and expertise are greatly appreciated.

Andrea
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Do you mean identifying links that lead to other websites and those websites serve up a 404 page?

Eric
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Certainly, of course whenever merchant links fail like happened today with Mighty Leaf on my site. yikes.

Also, links that will not be successful to my shoppers for other reasons, like:

-if the product is not available or sold out, or
-if the merchant is temporarily offline at CJ, SAS, LS, GAN network
-if my status has been revoked by the merchant for some misunderstanding

Basically, I'm wondering if there is a way to test my virtual inventory for bad links periodically, just in case I make a mistake at selecting my merchants my networks, or the merchant has a problem like Mighty Leaf had with the 404 error links the feed, etc...

Thank You again, Eric

Andrea
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I am unaware of any way to do what you want to do though I've not looked for a solution like this.

Maybe something like this: http://validator.w3.org/checklink

Eric
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:45 PM

Thank You, Eric. I will keep looking for something like this and I'll send you an update whenever I have news.

Cheers,

Andrea
Old November 4th, 2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualindeed View Post
Thank You, Eric. I will keep looking for something like this and I'll send you an update whenever I have news.

Cheers,

Andrea
have you found a tool to help you with that? I use a 404 redirect plug in it takes them to the most relevant search or to the homepage but it would be cool to have a tool that would do what you've said!

thesurfersmallstop.com
Old November 4th, 2012, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josemarr77 View Post
have you found a tool to help you with that? I use a 404 redirect plug in it takes them to the most relevant search or to the homepage but it would be cool to have a tool that would do what you've said!
I know I've tried a few link checker plugins for broken links .... but this never worked for me because the plugin couldn't see the link to the merchant - all they would see is something like this: [DFR:drip?p=132901410120163] when it searches all of my blog posts for URL's..

On a few sites I have the 404 go to the front page, and other sites the 404 go to a search and archive page and should probably make it consistent with all my stores.

/// BUT ..

I too would like to know if someone else finds this possible. Currently, I am getting the error message "Invalid Publisher Code, Offer, or Publisher - Advertiser Partnership Status" on two specific Linkshare USD merchants - of which one is iTunes .... and I am an approved affiliate and not been declined or dropped or anything like that. There's no way to figure out that its a dead link until you actually click on the "Buy Now" button.
Old November 5th, 2012, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
Currently, I am getting the error message "Invalid Publisher Code, Offer, or Publisher - Advertiser Partnership Status" on two specific Linkshare USD merchants - of which one is iTunes .... and I am an approved affiliate and not been declined or dropped or anything like that.
Are you sure you're using the right Linkshare affiliate ID: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/60
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Are you sure you're using the right Linkshare affiliate ID: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/60
~sigh~

Obviously not ... for the past 3 or however years I've been using Datafeedr .. I was using my Site ID in the affiliate links section in the Factory. I didn't notice because I've actually earned commissions on thousands of iTune music sales from widget/links on one of my sites which, as I see now - also has this same id code embedded. I'll update my factory records.

Thanks.
HART
Old November 5th, 2012, 07:41 AM

Stefan ... Is it possible to mass update all affiliate id's at once? I've got more than 50 store settings in the factory to update ...
Old November 5th, 2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
Stefan ... Is it possible to mass update all affiliate id's at once? I've got more than 50 store settings in the factory to update ...
That's unfortunately not possible.