Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 4th, 2011, 04:16 PM

Default Does Datafeedr support Multisite?

Hi there,
Currently we have around 7 datafeedr sites, but this is likely to change quite quickly so I'm wondering about whether it's worth going down the MultiSite route.
I assume this is possible? As far as i can see each blog still has it's own tables etc so there'd be no conflicting datafeedr stuff.
I also wondered if anyone has actually done it? With it being ran off of one database I imagine with a lot of different datafeedr sites it's going to cause a lot of stress on the MySQL server?
Thanks,
Old December 4th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, it works fine. As far as I know, there's not a big difference between many tables in 1 DB and many tables across many DBs. Wordpress.com runs hundreds of sites off of 1 DB.

Eric
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM

I tried to run it on multisite, but kept getting a sit-missmatch error when trying to import my feed and settings. I would love to get this working.
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumbum View Post
I tried to run it on multisite, but kept getting a sit-missmatch error when trying to import my feed and settings. I would love to get this working.
What do you have here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Basic Store Settings > Domain Name

Also, what is the URL of site where your store will appear?

Eric
Old April 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM

I'm using datafeedr on two separate Multisite installations .. in addition to single domain installations

HARTmarket.com > each store is it's own subdomain and is a store subdomain.domain.com format

SportsHEN.com > various sites with domain mapping and unique URL's with a few sites have their own store setup and is newdomain.com format

Either way - it's much easier to upgrade one site than 7 (or 40) sites at once ... I go the extra step on the HARTmarket series to utilize the same theme installation that works for any subdomain for calling up themed banners or subdomain specific stuff.
Old April 20th, 2012, 12:26 AM

My situation is just as Harts. @Eric I have addondomain.com, in the Datafeeder for that network blog, I have the key just above it in that same area.
But when I attempt to update the feed and settings, I get the miss-match error. When I use the subdomain.primarydomain.com settings everything works but the links are broken on products, though correctly mapped to the addondomain.

Last edited by slumbum : April 20th, 2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you share the following information:

1. Your main domain where WPMU is installed
2. Your addon domain

Thanks,
Eric
Old April 20th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumbum View Post
My situation is just as Harts. @Eric I have addondomain.com, in the Datafeeder for that network blog, I have the key just above it in that same area.
But when I attempt to update the feed and settings, I get the miss-match error. When I use the subdomain.primarydomain.com settings everything works but the links are broken on products, though correctly mapped to the addondomain.
Are you using Domain Name mapping? If so, Datafeedr currently isn't compatible with Multisite Domain Mapping.

Eric
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:41 AM

Yes, I'm using domain mapping. Guess I have to set up separate installs for each Datafeedr store. Don't mind it with 10 stores, but with 100 stores I'll experience a point of diminishing return.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Are you using Domain Name mapping? If so, Datafeedr currently isn't compatible with Multisite Domain Mapping.

Eric
Eric - In what way is Datafeedr not currently compatible with Multisite Domain Mapping??

> I've had it a long time on my site - but, not updated for a long time. I just went ahead and created a new short and sweet example (assigned to shop=6938) and there were no problems noticed. I haven't bothered testing out new formats however, as this theme was still on Thesis and my templates are for the Genesis theme.

> http://curlingblog.com/store/category/olympics/

CurlingBlog.com is domain mapped on SportsHEN.com (aka http://sportshen.com/curlingblog/)
Old April 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

When we tested domain mapping on our own servers we discovered that it is not compatible. Maybe your configuration is such that it doesn't break Datafeedr but we can't really say it's compatible when our tests have proved otherwise.

Eric
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:21 AM

Hi, is this still not supported (august 2013). We are also using Multisite with domainmapping. Please keep us posted.

Now the error "The domain name you have entered in the Factory does not match this website's domain name. Please log into the Factory and modify your domain name under your store's 'Basic store settings'" comes up when updating the database.

Last edited by niels0000 : August 3rd, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:18 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Yes, Datafeedr works with Multisite installs.

What store are you receiving this error on?

Eric
Old August 3rd, 2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niels0000 View Post
Hi, is this still not supported (august 2013). We are also using Multisite with domainmapping. Please keep us posted.

Now the error "The domain name you have entered in the Factory does not match this website's domain name. Please log into the Factory and modify your domain name under your store's 'Basic store settings'" comes up when updating the database.
I've got two domains set up with Multisites and everything works great. The stores with domain mapping set up on them all appear like this:

- in the Factory settings, under ...
Store / Basic Store Settings / Domain Name ...

> subdomain.domain.com

not
> newmappeddomain.com

HART
Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Datafeedr Team

Thanks for your input, HART! I appreciate it.