Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 6th, 2013, 05:33 PM

Default Twenty tweleve theme tips

Hey Team

I wonder if you could give me some tips on what files to edit to;

a: to get my header looking like this site

http://www.trollingmotors.net/

b: On the bottom of my pages in twenty twelve it has these solid lines across the page and "powered by wordpress" - I presume these are for widgets or something but as I cannot add widgets in these palces they are of no use so need to be removed.

I like to add links at the bottom is the pages to Contact Us | About Us | and anything else I like there.

Any tips appreciated.
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Hey Team

I wonder if you could give me some tips on what files to edit to;

a: to get my header looking like this site

http://www.trollingmotors.net/

b: On the bottom of my pages in twenty twelve it has these solid lines across the page and "powered by wordpress" - I presume these are for widgets or something but as I cannot add widgets in these palces they are of no use so need to be removed.

I like to add links at the bottom is the pages to Contact Us | About Us | and anything else I like there.

Any tips appreciated.
Okay done a lot after searching the net so to speak.

What I have done is create a child thme of this theme so any alterations to the header etc will stay there if there is an update to the theme.

In that header file after watching a video I have added a logo to the left and the site name is in the middle and a paypal logo is next.

The text needs to be vertically aligned or centered so it is inline with the left logo and the PP logo needs shifting to the far right.

Many thanks
Old March 7th, 2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post
Okay done a lot after searching the net so to speak.

What I have done is create a child thme of this theme so any alterations to the header etc will stay there if there is an update to the theme.

In that header file after watching a video I have added a logo to the left and the site name is in the middle and a paypal logo is next.

The text needs to be vertically aligned or centered so it is inline with the left logo and the PP logo needs shifting to the far right.

Many thanks
Going further along the road, found someone who had developed a styling for the footer, so I have sorted that out as well.

Leaves only the header..
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Datafeedr Team

You're going to need to put the stuff you want floated to the right in its own <span> tag with a unique ID.