Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Upgrading from V1 to V3
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 24th, 2011, 01:33 PM

Default Merchant Filter Widgit Problem

Hi Eric,

I can't seem to get the merchant filter working properly. When I click on the link it's not going to the merchant. Any idea what might be going on?

Thanks!
Old February 24th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

This is because you have an extra single quote in your filter like this:
Code:
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage''query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
It should look like this:
Code:
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
Old February 24th, 2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
This is because you have an extra single quote in your filter like this:
Code:
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage''query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
It should look like this:
Code:
<li><a href="[server.url type='fullpage' query='merchant=Zappos.com']">Zappos.com</a></li>
Still not working, nor are the price filters.

I copied and pasted from this note:

Could I be in the wrong area. I'm in Widget Merchant Filter View for Merchants.

For Price Filter I haven't touched it.

Thanks!
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Datafeedr Team

Did you already run an update by clicking the [Update Settings Only] button?
Old February 25th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Did you already run an update by clicking the [Update Settings Only] button?
Yes. Was that not the right thing to do?
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Datafeedr Team

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:
Old February 25th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I clicked the [Update Settings Only] button and that seemed to work.

Eric
Old February 25th, 2011, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Hi

I clicked the [Update Settings Only] button and that seemed to work.

Eric
Hi,

That's strange, I see the merchants but when I click on them from my computer nothing happens. Same with the price category. Any idea why it seems to be working on your end but not on mine?

Also, some of the merchants that I have relationships with are not listed in V3. Is there a reason for that?

Thanks!
Old February 26th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenarrowshoe View Post
That's strange, I see the merchants but when I click on them from my computer nothing happens. Same with the price category. Any idea why it seems to be working on your end but not on mine?
The filters aren't working on your homepage because there are no products from your store being displayed. To really take full advantage of using the merchant filters (or any of the filters), they should be placed on your store category pages and/or on your store front page. But you have not exposed any of those filters on those pages.

I suggest using something like the Widget Context plugin to expose filters on specific pages.

I've covered how to do all of that in this tutorial: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3853 Take a look at that tutorial because it seems I do a lot of stuff in that tutorial that you are trying to do yourself.
Old February 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
The filters aren't working on your homepage because there are no products from your store being displayed. To really take full advantage of using the merchant filters (or any of the filters), they should be placed on your store category pages and/or on your store front page. But you have not exposed any of those filters on those pages.

I suggest using something like the Widget Context plugin to expose filters on specific pages.

I've covered how to do all of that in this tutorial: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3853 Take a look at that tutorial because it seems I do a lot of stuff in that tutorial that you are trying to do yourself.
Okay, I can try this. Two questions though:

a) Can I put in a specific style of a brand in the Men's Category --take for example your sunglass brand "Frog Skin." Let's pretend Frog Skin is a men's shoe brand -- since my store is shoes -- Frog Skin has ten different shoes styles for men, but I only want to add these two pretend shoe styles 1) Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog, is it possible to get that specific in the category rather than setting it up so that every single Frog Skin pair of men's shoes shows up?

b) when you say you haven't exposed any of the filters on the page -- can you clarify exactly what you mean by that?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

A.) Only if Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog are part of the brand name, which they probably aren't.

B.) On your store pages (front page, category pages, etc) there are no filters exposed as widgets in your sidebar. There are no widgets at all.

Eric
Old February 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Hi

A.) Only if Frog Skin Tadpole and Frog Skin Pappa Frog are part of the brand name, which they probably aren't.
So then, can I just create the categories the way I had in the past even though this is a lot of work or is this not possible now in v3?
Quote:
Hi
B.) On your store pages (front page, category pages, etc) there are no filters exposed as widgets in your sidebar. There are no widgets at all.
I didn't realize until you pointed it out that they disappeared. This must have happened when I downloaded the context plug in. Let me try to delete what I had and add it again.
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenarrowshoe View Post
So then, can I just create the categories the way I had in the past even though this is a lot of work or is this not possible now in v3?
Or instead of setting up a filter on the 'brand' field, you could just set up a keyword (ie. "word") filter. That might suit your needs.