Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 14th, 2013, 02:33 PM

Default New Trick: Combine Datafeedr product search with Wordpress posts search

I've just finished my new ajax search plugin for datafeedr which allows your users to search Datafeedr products, datafeedr categories and Wordpress Posts from one search box.

The categories include the product count for that category and the response is immediate in a beautifully styled drop down that appears under the search box as the user types.

Get it here:

http://www.affiliatewebdesigners.com...and-wordpress/
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Sounds like a great trick and great plugin and something definitely needed with these Datafeedr Store/Blogs ...

Too bad it's not built in to Datafeedr plugin directly or in the Factory for everyone - While i respect the monetization aspect for all the hard work you do, to me this just isn't worth signing up for another membership fee at this point, just to get that plugin. Can you sell it to Eric and Datafeedr? ;-) lol

I see from my stats (as little as they are) that most 'hits' to the store pages don't include blog posts in the mix, and very little blog post traffic directs to store pages. I think it's the same way with the search - disjointed. For my blogs with stores I just post two search boxes one for each blog and products. For my stores with the blog posts, I just leave it with the search for products and let google be the search my blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhilditch View Post
I've just finished my new ajax search plugin for datafeedr which allows your users to search Datafeedr products, datafeedr categories and Wordpress Posts from one search box.

The categories include the product count for that category and the response is immediate in a beautifully styled drop down that appears under the search box as the user types.

Get it here:

http://www.affiliatewebdesigners.com...and-wordpress/
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM

If Eric and Stefan want to buy it I will sell it to them - Eric? Stefan?
Old April 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM

In the meantime, membership also gets you the other Datafeedr plugins I've made - the best one being the Images plugin which normalises the sizes of all your images by first cropping the whitespace and then zooming the image so it fills the box.

If you have images from multiple merchants, often different merchants have different standards for how much whitespace they leave around their images meaning your products look different sizes across your store.

My images plugin solves that - so that's two great plugins for one low membership fee, plus whatever other plugins I make in the meantime.
Old April 16th, 2013, 05:58 AM

FYI, Eric and Stefan don't want to buy this plugin - they are happy for other developers like me to help build Datafeedr into a stronger product through creation of these kinds of plugins.

I think $47 for these 2 plugins is a bargain personally - if you are interested, please visit my site for more details. I also have plenty of free tips and tricks for making the most from Datafeedr.

www.affiliatewebdesigners.com
Old April 18th, 2013, 05:58 AM

Hi again - I've just released a minor upgrade which makes this ajax search plugin even FASTER.

You can check out a demo of it here:

www.fitness-saver.com

Just type something into the big search box and you'll see it in operation - e.g. type 'mountain bike' or 'bike helmets' and you'll see the results appearing in the blink of an eye.

Enjoy!