Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Upgrading from V1 to V3
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 17th, 2011, 08:42 PM

Default Products Are in Factory But Store Is Still Missing

Hi Eric,

Although I can't seem to find it in Filezilla, I believe I downloaded version 3, my products appear to be in the factory, but the catagories are not appearing in my store on my site. Would you be able to tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old February 17th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Do you still have a WP page named "Store"? If not, you should check your WP Page Trash and restore it from the Trash. If the "Store" page is not in the trash, you should create a new WP Page with the name "Store" and the slug "store".

Eric
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

Do you still have a WP page named "Store"? If not, you should check your WP Page Trash and restore it from the Trash. If the "Store" page is not in the trash, you should create a new WP Page with the name "Store" and the slug "store".

Eric
The store page is there but it's blank.

Last edited by thenarrowshoe : February 17th, 2011 at 09:23 PM.
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Datafeedr Team

I can see your entire store here: yourdomain.com/store/
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
I can see your entire store here: yourdomain.com/store/
Wow, it looks entirely different than it was before, but I like it. How, though can I get the catagories back in place because they are missing from the upper right hand corner and aren't coming up when I click on them at the top of the page?

I also had several sub-catagories that are no longer there.
Old February 18th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Datafeedr Team

You need to add a Datafeedr > Categories widget to your sidebar to get the categories to appear in your sidebar.

The links are broken in your top menu bar because you have entered the wrong URL:

you have this: store/category/women-s-shoes/
it should be this: store/category/womens-shoes/
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
You need to add a Datafeedr > Categories widget to your sidebar to get the categories to appear in your sidebar.
I added it in but I'd like it to be up where it says NARROW SHOE STORE CATEGORIES instead way down lower. Do you know why it's not allowing me to place it up above ENEWS & UPDATES? Underneath that I'd like to add the widget for FILTER BY PRICE & FILTER BY MERCHANT. Also, I don't have a relationship with any of those three merchants listed.

Quote:
The links are broken in your top menu bar because you have entered the wrong URL:

you have this: store/category/women-s-shoes/
it should be this: store/category/womens-shoes/
Where would I find this on the back end? I've been searching and for whatever reason can't find the top menu bar to fix it. Also, does it matter whether I've used women's instead of womens or men's instead of mens in my factory categories and sub-categories, also? It looks like I can change the name of each in the Category Properties section?

Thanks!

Thanks
Old February 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenarrowshoe View Post
I added it in but I'd like it to be up where it says NARROW SHOE STORE CATEGORIES instead way down lower. Do you know why it's not allowing me to place it up above ENEWS & UPDATES? Underneath that I'd like to add the widget for FILTER BY PRICE & FILTER BY MERCHANT. Also, I don't have a relationship with any of those three merchants listed.
You just need to go to Appearance > Widgets and drag the widgets around in the order that you prefer.

Quote:
Where would I find this on the back end? I've been searching and for whatever reason can't find the top menu bar to fix it. Also, does it matter whether I've used women's instead of womens or men's instead of mens in my factory categories and sub-categories, also? It looks like I can change the name of each in the Category Properties section?
I would look at Appearance > Menus. But those links weren't created by Datafeedr. If the Menus system doesn't work, you will need to ask the guys at StudioPress as those are the theme creators.

Eric
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
You just need to go to Appearance > Widgets and drag the widgets around in the order that you prefer.
Sounds like I might have to go to them because I can't move it up.

Quote:
I would look at Appearance > Menus. But those links weren't created by Datafeedr. If the Menus system doesn't work, you will need to ask the guys at StudioPress as those are the theme creators.
Is there any way to add the sub-categories under each category listed in STORE CATEGORIES -- ie. under Women's Shoes, sub womn's athletic, boots, etc. or that's a studiopress thing?

Also, not all of my products are showing up in each category do you have any idea why not?

Lastly, The Merchants in the merchant category aren't ones I have relationships with. How do I fix that?

Thanks!

Last edited by thenarrowshoe : February 18th, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old February 18th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Sounds like I might have to go to them because I can't move it up.
Yes, there should be a very easy way to move the sidebar widgets up and down. If that doesn't work, you'll need to contact the theme developer.

Quote:
Is there any way to add the sub-categories under each category listed in STORE CATEGORIES -- ie. under Women's Shoes, sub womn's athletic, boots, etc. or that's a studiopress thing?
This is a method developed for TwentyTen but because you are using a StudioPress theme and probably the Genesis Framework, I really don't know how to configure that theme to work. It's probably best just to use the built-in Menus feature to create that menu.

Quote:
Also, not all of my products are showing up in each category do you have any idea why not?

Lastly, The Merchants in the merchant category aren't ones I have relationships with. How do I fix that?
As per our posting guidelines, please create a new thread for each topic: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3603