Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:56 AM

Post Store + SEO + Facebook

Hi,

Again another question. I see that everytime i try to copy/paste my store's category link or product detail link to Facebook, it will only crawl my Stores frontpage. What should i do with that? And if i dont mind that, will search engines, like Google, still crawl my categorys and product details as it own, or will Googlebots crawl only my Store frontpage and nothing else, since even Facebook didnt find those items when url is pasted.

I did find some previous questions about adding Like links to categorys and product details etc, but really didnt seem to find any answers to my question.

Thanks. Tommy
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:00 AM

Post More

I have to add that my store will be very huge, like over 50 000 product's, so i cant host images localy. I dont know does that make any difference about forexample to Facebook pasted links, but i quess it does..
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

It sounds like a problem with your canonical links. What theme and SEO plugins are you using?

Also, what's your site's URL?

Eric
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM

Hi,

I am useing All-In-One-SEO and SEO-smartlinks plugins. I have VOLT-magazine WP-theme and my site URL is http://www.e-shopping.fi - However i have not yet puplish my Store there.

Thanks.
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Can you share your store's category link or product detail link?

Eric
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Oh yes, http://www.e-shopping.fi/verkkokauppa/ <- Store front page
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You should perform the steps I outlined in this thread: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3305

Eric
Old November 27th, 2012, 10:34 AM

Okey thanks, ill try that!

-Tommy
Old November 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM

Default Plop

Hmm, it didnt seem to work. Still product page and category page url's shows in Facebook as my Store's frontpage.

And i came up with another question, when i have one category in my store, lets say like 'Fashion' and under that i have sub-categorys like 'Women' and 'Men' and under these sub categorys i have like 'Dress' or 'Jeans', so, when i click product details from forexample 'Fashion' -> 'Men' -> 'Jeans' -> Product, i see my title is on as "Productname | Jeans | MyStorename" So my problem is i would like that title to be like "Product details | Jeans | Men | Fashion | MyStorename" so it shows where exactly the product are. like in breadcrumbs...

How do i do this?

Old November 27th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport1X2 View Post
Hmm, it didnt seem to work. Still product page and category page url's shows in Facebook as my Store's frontpage.
I think you also need to perform these steps for your Category Pages and your Product Detail pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport1X2 View Post
And i came up with another question, when i have one category in my store, lets say like 'Fashion' and under that i have sub-categorys like 'Women' and 'Men' and under these sub categorys i have like 'Dress' or 'Jeans', so, when i click product details from forexample 'Fashion' -> 'Men' -> 'Jeans' -> Product, i see my title is on as "Productname | Jeans | MyStorename" So my problem is i would like that title to be like "Product details | Jeans | Men | Fashion | MyStorename" so it shows where exactly the product are. like in breadcrumbs...

How do i do this?
This is not possible.
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:35 PM

Thumbs down NOUP

Still it keeps adding the front page url to Facebook, this is weird..

Product detail: http://www.e-shopping.fi/verkkokaupp...3500000177622/

Facebook buttons etc works just fine, but when you click 'Like' it post to Facebook the Store frontpage.

I have these elements in <head>

<title>[product.name] | [category.name] | </title>
<meta name="description" content="[product.description]" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $product->name); ?>,<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $category->name); ?>" />
<meta property="og:image" content="http://<?php echo $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']; ?>[product.thumbnail tag='0']" />
<meta property="og:title" content="[product.name]" />

Anything wrong?

-Tommy
Old November 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Post add

Have to add that i think the problem cant be with my theme, coz it gives proper details from another page url's, but not from the datafeedr store.
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I think the issue is the use of the "Fedmich's Facebook Open Graph Meta" plugin. It's adding additional info to your <head> section which is overwriting the Datafeedr code.

Can you either disable that plugin on your "Store" page or deactivate the plugin altogether?

Eric
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM

Thumbs up Wow

Wow, niceone, now it works! Thousand thanks to you Eric. I would never pick that up by my own. Again, thank you man.

-Tommy
Old November 27th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Tommy,

Great! Glad it worked.

Eric
Old September 15th, 2013, 05:16 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm experiencing this issue too.

It appears to be a conflict with Wordpress' Jetpack plugin. It is adding Open Graph tags for my store's hompeage to all my store product pages and preventing me from submitting individual URLs to Facebook. When I deactivate Jetpack plugin the problem is solved. Ideally I would like to keep using Jetpack plugin because I like the features.

Any idea how to overwrite these tags when using Jetpack plugin? I don't think the plugin allows me to selectively deactivate the tags just on my store page.
Old September 15th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockDiesel View Post
I don't think the plugin allows me to selectively deactivate the tags just on my store page.
That would have been my suggestion.

Another suggestion would be to use a Facebook specific plugin that allows you to disable it on specific pages and then turn off the Jetpack Facebook functionality.

Eric