Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM

Default The Good Method, does it not work for coupons?

Hi,
I am starting to add products to my store, and of course I want to use The Good Method to do this.

I am only listing discounts and offers.

Unfortunately, when I do a search, I get no results. I think this is because there is very little information to search. For example, XXX OFF at ASHOP.COM. No description, nor mention of what types of goods THESHOP.COM sells.

Is this just like this for coupon and offers feeds, or am I missing something here?

Thank you,
Philip.
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Unfortunately, most merchant's don't provide much information about a coupon/deal. Therefore, there's not much to search on.

Additionally, some merchants only provide a handful of coupons/deals so if you are using a keyword that does not appear in any coupon text or name, it won't appear in your search.

If you are setting up categories of different verticals to display coupons from within those verticals, I would suggest doing this:

For vertical "A", set up a search subscription which has a merchant filter. In the merchant filter you should select only merchants that 1.) offer coupons and 2.) offer products in vertical "A". So if your vertical is "pets", you would only choose merchants who have coupons and sell pet supplies in that merchant filter.

Repeat those steps for each vertical/category in your store.

Like I said, most merchants don't provide descriptive information regarding their deals/coupons and it can be somewhat hard to search for the type of coupon you want to display on your site.

Eric
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Datafeedr Team

Here's an example of what I mean:

Old February 20th, 2013, 03:01 AM

OK, thanks Eric, I will try that.

A lot of merchants offer goods in more than one of my categories though, for example, women's clothes and women's shoes are two different categories, and you wouldn't want a shoe coupon in with clothes.
Any ideas how to get around that?
Philip.
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

In those cases I might try to add a keyword filter using a term like 'women' or 'shoes'. But don't add too many keywords. That will reduce the number of results.

Eric
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Hi,

I don't think that will work, for the original reason, there are no terms to search.

I am going to go for broad categories for now, so each merchant is only in one, that should get me going for now.

Thanks.