Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:02 PM

Question Upload Successful - But Not

Hi Everyone-

I uploaded my store today for the first time and was told "upload successful." Except, it's not there.

Now, I did already have some pages on the site - as well as a posts page. Did that create a conflict? I would like to keep the pages (3) and posts that I already have but will toss them if need be and re-create them as posts/pages later if need be.

I use Thesis, btw, in case that makes a difference.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

BTW, the site is http://Acne-Treatments-That-Work.org

Thanks again!

-Kaete
Old February 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Datafeedr Team

Did you delete the WP page named "store"? If not, is it set to published or is it in draft mode?

There should be a page here: http://www.acne-treatments-that-work.org/store/
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Dear Eric (don't you ever sleep?)

I don't know what you mean by deleting a WP page named "store." Currently, in WP, I don't have a page named "store."

In The Factory, I did set my URL settings to "store/" though.

Which is not beginning to make sense. OK, so I need to set up a "store" page on WP so that the feed will know where to post?

(BTW, I fully understand how basic this must all sound to you - thank you for your patience!)

Can I set my front page (in WP) to a static page (named "store") and set a blog feature to another page? I'd like the "store" to open up on the home page.

As Datafeedr populates, will it automatically re-configure the WP Nav Bar? Or, do I have to do that?

Again, Eric - THANK YOU!

-Kaete

PS - And on a completely different subject, when I get this one fully functional, I would like to convert some of my other sites to Datafeedr. I looked at upgrading my "plan" and taken to a checkout for the full 5 or unlimited plan price - If I want to upgrade to 5 stores (or unlimited) do I have to cancel my first plan, or is the $47 (or whatever) price on top of the single store price?
Old February 8th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaetemar View Post
I don't know what you mean by deleting a WP page named "store." Currently, in WP, I don't have a page named "store."
A WP page named "Store" with the slug "store" was created when you installed Datafeedr. It's probably been moved to your Trash. You should try to restore that page if it's in your Trash or create it again if it has been entirely deleted.

Quote:
Can I set my front page (in WP) to a static page (named "store") and set a blog feature to another page? I'd like the "store" to open up on the home page.
Yes, this is covered in another thread: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3604

Quote:
As Datafeedr populates, will it automatically re-configure the WP Nav Bar? Or, do I have to do that?
Yes, if you have taken the steps outlined here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3448

Quote:
PS - And on a completely different subject, when I get this one fully functional, I would like to convert some of my other sites to Datafeedr. I looked at upgrading my "plan" and taken to a checkout for the full 5 or unlimited plan price - If I want to upgrade to 5 stores (or unlimited) do I have to cancel my first plan, or is the $47 (or whatever) price on top of the single store price?
You may upgrade at anytime. Yes, you should cancel your first plan. You only pay for 1 subscription at a time, not one on top of the other. If you want to upgrade and still have time left in your original subscription, just let us know that you have upgraded and we will refund the original subscription for the remaining days.

Eric

PS. In the spirit of keeping the forums organized: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3603