Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 7th, 2015, 11:29 AM

Default Site is extremely slow and I have detected that it is the Datafeedr PlugIn

Hello,
My home page takes about 30 secs to load, subsequent pages takes less. I have two site running datafeedr and this is the only one that I am having a problem with speed. So much so that I spent hours testing other problems and finally as a last ditch effort I deactivated the datafeedr plug in and the site loaded in 2 secs, so I know that it is something with datafeedr. For now, I have reactivated the datafeedr plug-in so you can see it for yourself. Please note that I do not have a store, I just use comparison sets through the site. I set the Store page to private.

Website URL: http://asics-shoes-reviews.com/

The worst is the home page, in terms of time to load.

Also I have consistently gotten an error as follows to my email:
This is to inform you that the automatic update on your website (asics-shoes-reviews.com) has failed. Please see the error message(s) below:

ERROR:
-Downloaded file not readable (more info: http://www.datafeedr.com/go/err_read_unreadable)
------

Not sure if this is related. I was not concerned because as I mentioned I don't have a store, just comparison sets. Interestingly I don't get this error with my other site that uses datafeedr.

Please let me know if I can provide any further details and thanks for your assistance.

Jo
Old February 7th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

Thanks,
Eric
Old February 7th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I think the issue is you are loading 8+ comparison sets per product. So on your homepage you are loading about 12 products. So each product loads 8 sets so that's 96 comparison sets being loaded on a single page. That's going to take a while.

I'm not really sure how to handle your situation. It might take some template edits so your post body is not loading at all on your homepage and category pages.

Eric
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:42 PM

Hi Eric,
But why are the comparison sets loading on the home page at all, no comparison sets are being shown. In addition, I have a similar site like I mentioned before Emubronte.net that is also using datafeedr and comparison sets, same theme...similar plugins and the slowness in loading is not occuring at all. I also had mentioned the error that I get via email...I do not get this error with Emubronte.net but I do get it with AsicsShoesReviews. I feel as if there is some type of setting or something and has nothing to do with comparison sets...I load an equal volume on emubronte.net.

Thanks.
Jo
Old February 8th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Our plugin makes amazon requests on each page load to synchronize product data, but these requests fail, because your Amazon access key is invalid.

Eric
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You need to make sure your Amazon API keys are set up properly in the following 2 places:

WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr > Amazon API > Amazon Affiliate Settings
The Factory > Factory menu > Amazon API Settings (video)

Here's how to find your Amazon credentials: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/255

You can test that you are using the correct Amazon API keys here: http://associates-amazon.s3.amazonaw...pad/index.html

After you perform the above steps and have entered the correct Amazon API keys in both places, go here WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr and click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

This should solve the 2 problems you are having; slow speed and error emails.

Eric
Old February 8th, 2015, 04:50 PM

Hi Eric,
I did this and indeed it did cut the time in about 1/2. The home page is taking only about 12 to 15 secs to load vs the 30 secs. However, I still think it is not quite fast enough. Without the plugin activated it is about 5 to 6 secs. It would be good to at least get it to around 8 to 10 secs. Can you tell me what is being loaded in the background for the home page? Again there are no actual comparison sets on this page whatsover, no products etc since I am not using a store. All the images of the shoes are being stored locally. I just can't comprehend what would make it load so slow at all. I used to use a Cache plugin but it was causing other problems, could not get my sitemap automatically updated etc, so I did delete it and followed all the steps to delete that plug-in...my other site never used this Cache plugin so I thought it might be there, but it is not. I appreciate that it is not as slow as it was yesterday, but really hoping that there is still something that could be done.

Thanks for helping me through this.

Jo
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You could try enabling the Datafeedr cache. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > Advanced Store Settings and enable cache.

However, for me, your homepage is loading in under 7 seconds:

Eric
Old February 9th, 2015, 02:05 PM

Thanks Eric for all your help.
It is much appreciated.
Old February 9th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You're very welcome!

Eric