Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM

Default Processes hanging and everything crashing

I'm having a problem with processes hanging and it only happens with one of my shops that I just installed the plugin on. I went so far as to delete wordpress and reinstall everything but still the same problem.

I am hosted with Hostgator shared hosting. It allows 25 processes to be running at once and that seems to be enough because most processes last very short periods of time - fractions of a second.

If I load another datafeedr site, the processes don't even last long enough to be shown but with this site, whenever I load a page about 5 or six processes hang. Load it on more than one computer at the same time and it goes over 25 total processes and ALL my websites crash and there is an internal server error.

Any ideas? I can't figure out why it is just this one site and none of the others which are, as far as I can tell, configured the same way.

shop=30976
http://diamondanniversaryringsstore.com

this is what it says under processes for the ones that are hanging:

/usr/bin/php
/home/ejfprod/public_html/diamondanniversaryringsstore.com/index.php

it's this same process every time. I have tried hostgator support and they ask me what scripts are running etc but what do I know? I will keep trying with them too.

Thanks

Eric
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:12 PM

well, Hostgator live chat can't figure it out so a ticket has gone in
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Hostgator says there is nothing they can do.
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hostgator can't even say what the processes are?
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Can you PM me the following information:

FTP LOGIN INFORMATION (Temporary login information preferred)
Host:
Login:
Password:

BLOG LOGIN INFO with ADMINISTRATOR PERMISSIONS (Temporary login information preferred)
Admin URL:
Username:
Password:

Eric
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Datafeedr Team

Also, another question, what happens to the site if you deactivate the Datafeedr plugin?
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Also, another question, what happens to the site if you deactivate the Datafeedr plugin?
The processes do not hang when the plugin is deactivated. I will pm you login details in a few minutes, Eric. thanks
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Thanks. We will take a look at this and update you when we know more.
Old March 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It might be related to loading the images, as loading the images does require querying the database.

I think you have 2 options:

1. You can choose to display images without their URL being masked by using [product.image direct='1' tag='1'] instead of [product.image tag='1'] in your store's views.

2. Or you could choose to store the images locally which will result in an initial load on your server while each image is downloaded from the merchant's site and saved to your server but will result in much faster loading images in the future.

Here's more info:
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/182
http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/183

Eric
Old March 17th, 2011, 03:14 PM

thank Eric, will do
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:57 PM

Ok I did what you said, Eric with the images and Thumbs being locally cached. One weird thing is that the thumbs are taking forever to load and a lot are coming up "No image" eventually. I have checked against the factory and there are images for these products in the factory.

Also when I look into the folders I created for the images, the images folder is filling up but there are absolutely no files in the thumbnails folder.

processes are still hanging. Still trying to figure this out.
Old March 18th, 2011, 06:12 AM

I had something similar happening... so might be a clue to this...

I started a new hosting account and the sites were all preforming horribly... if I openend multiple windows the response times would go down the drain in no time, and I'd get 500 Server error... this would happen in the WP Admin panel and on the site front-end too...

It turned out to be caused by Fast-CGI. My hosting provider only allocates a few (10-20) processes per shared server for Fast-CGI processing... and as it so happens the new server I was on was heavily loaded with other accounts that used Fast-CGI, so there were contention issues...

After turning off Fast-CGI the problem went away...

Might be worthwhile checking...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfpro View Post
Ok I did what you said, Eric with the images and Thumbs being locally cached. One weird thing is that the thumbs are taking forever to load and a lot are coming up "No image" eventually. I have checked against the factory and there are images for these products in the factory.
I think this is due to some of the merchants blocking the script from downloading the images.

Quote:
Also when I look into the folders I created for the images, the images folder is filling up but there are absolutely no files in the thumbnails folder.
That's because all of the tags in your views are calling the image files and not the thumbnail files.

Quote:
processes are still hanging. Still trying to figure this out.
It could be related to what ayorofrance mentioned or due to the fact that the merchants are blocking access to the images.

I changed the image tags on your Category Pages to [product.thumbnail tag='1' direct='1'] and now your category pages load super fast with all images appearing. You might consider using this method to display the images throughout your site. I only edited 1 view (Category Page > Default > Product List) in your store.

Eric
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayorofrance View Post

I started a new hosting account and the sites were all preforming horribly... if I openend multiple windows the response times would go down the drain in no time, and I'd get 500 Server error... this would happen in the WP Admin panel and on the site front-end too...

It turned out to be caused by Fast-CGI. My hosting provider only allocates a few (10-20) processes per shared server for Fast-CGI processing... and as it so happens the new server I was on was heavily loaded with other accounts that used Fast-CGI, so there were contention issues...

Thanks. I checked on the Cpanel and I see no reference to Fast-cgi anywhere. It was worth a check. cheers
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I think this is due to some of the merchants blocking the script from downloading the images.

That's because all of the tags in your views are calling the image files and not the thumbnail files.

It could be related to what ayorofrance mentioned or due to the fact that the merchants are blocking access to the images.

I changed the image tags on your Category Pages to [product.thumbnail tag='1' direct='1'] and now your category pages load super fast with all images appearing. You might consider using this method to display the images throughout your site. I only edited 1 view (Category Page > Default > Product List) in your store.

Eric
Awesome! Thank you very much, Eric! Hopefully this will solve the issues. I'll be making those changes ASAP
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayorofrance View Post

Sorry stupid question from a tech-noob
How do I turn off Fast-CGI?

My site has shared hosting on networksolutions and I have no idea, if I can turn it of, or if I need to ask the hosting company to do it for me.

Thanks!!!
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM

Short answer is: It depends :-)

Each hosting provider does this differently...

So best bet is to ask the provider...

I am using Bluehost and they have a php.ini config button on the cpanel, where you can choose this option...

Sorry I can't be more specific...

Don't change any of this unless you have a problem... depending on your hosting provider, their configuration etc etc turning ON Fast-CGI can actually speed up your sites...

But you can always give it a shot...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.