Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM

Default Dropdown filter for price and brands

URL to page in question: http://www.atletikka.com/store/categ...dio-equipment/

I'm trying to setup a dropdown filter on each category page where customers can select the price range as well as the brand. Right now, it's setup to select the brand, the merchant and the network. I just want the price and the brand. Can you please help me out? Thanks.
Old January 28th, 2015, 08:51 AM

Default Can you point me in the right direction?

I'm very grateful for your previous prompt responses to my questions. Can you please let me know if you can answer this one or point me in the right direction or should I just look elsewhere? Thanks in advance.
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:37 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Currently you have the following code in your views:

HTML Code:
  <!-- Merchant drop down select menu -->
  <select name="merchant_id">
    <?php echo dfr_get_merchants($category->id); ?>
  </select>

<!-- Network drop down select menu -->  
  <select name="net_id">
    <?php echo dfr_get_networks($category->id); ?>
  </select>
If you don't want networks or merchants, just remove those lines.

To add a price filter, you can just add code like this:

HTML Code:
  <!-- Price filter -->
  <select name="price">
    <option value="-100"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '-100') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Less than $100</option>
    <option value="100-500"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '100-500') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $100 and $500</option>
    <option value="500-"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '500-') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Over $500</option>
  </select>
Similar code can be found here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...2114#post42114

Eric
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:21 AM

Thank you very much for all your help. It really means a lot to us. We need help with a couple more questions.
  1. How can we add an option on the price dropdown filter to include items on sale?
  2. We are having an issue with the brands filter. Some Merchants name their brand slightly different (i.e. Merchant A names brand Adidas, while Merchant B names brand Adidas Performance). Is there a way to consolidate the brands into one so that it shows all Adidas items?
  3. Why are the Brands not showing up on the dropdown of certain categories?

Again, thank you so much for your help.
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

1. Use code like this: <input type="checkbox" name="saleprice" value="1-" /> On sale

2. No, unfortunately this is not possible with our Factory product.

3. Without knowing the category and missing brand(s) I can only guess because those brands don't actually appear in products in that category.

Eric
Old January 28th, 2015, 02:02 PM

Thank you, but what I wanted was to see if we can add the On Sale option as part of the price dropdown filter. This is what we have right now:

HTML Code:
 <!-- Price filter -->
  <select name="price">
    <option value="">Select Price</option>
    <option value="-50"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '-50') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Less than $50</option>
    <option value="50-100"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '50-100') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $50 and $100</option>
    <option value="100-150"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '100-150') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $100 and $150</option>
    <option value="150-250"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '150-250') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $150 and $250</option>
    <option value="250-350"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '250-350') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $250 and $350</option>
    <option value="350-700"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '350-700') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Between $350 and $700</option>
    <option value="700-"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '700-') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>Over $700</option>
    <option value="1-"<?php if ($_GET['price'] == '1-') { echo ' selected="selected"'; } ?>>On Sale</option>
  </select>
Thanks...
Old January 29th, 2015, 09:11 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I'm not sure what you mean... Can you provide an example?

Thanks
Eric