Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 6th, 2011, 09:20 AM

Default CJ clicks not counting

I have now confirmed that all of my CJ link clicks are not counted on the CJ side. I have no idea why. I did check and make sure my CJ affiliate id was entered appropriately.

If I manually pull a link from CJ and click it the link counts.

If I go through my site (or have a family member do it remotely and click stuff) CJ does not recognize any of the clicks.

I'm very familiar with affiliate link redirects, etc - but I'm not sure where/how to check the actual link contents in Datafeedr.

I basically need to figure out if the problem is in the Datafeedr link construction or in CJ's tracking.
Old June 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

If you change your buy link tag from [product.url] to [product.url direct='1'], you will have the raw affiliate link. After you make that change, make sure to click the [Update Settings Only] button.

Eric
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM

I might have found the problem - thanks - looks like the affiliate ID is the wrong one in the links. I removed/re-added the correct the affiliate ID and re-updated all the products/settings.

Perhaps I did not update products last time - I thought I did but it's possible I am wrong. I was one other time

Also, Fiddler is an excellent free tool for tracking re-directs that helped me a lot while checking on this.

I was happy to see that updating products does actually change the affiliate link inside existing Datafeedr posts. You may want to add to your FAQ - I didn't see the answer to this anywhere when I was looking for it.
Old June 6th, 2011, 02:25 PM

Hmmm - Perhaps I have not found the problem.

CJ is not updating the # of clicks for my site at all. I am using the CJ PID for the particular website I am updating. I waited a few hours since clicking and I used Fiddler to verify the clicks are tracking correctly (in terms of that PID being embedded in the link).

I also verified the clicks are for merchants I have an active relationship with.

Yet I have zero clicks for today from CJ.

Do they by some chance have a huge lag in reporting clicks?
Old June 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM

Yes, there is a lag in CJ reporting. Not sure though by how much time reporting is delayed.

If you still see 0 clicks after a day contact CJ support or the Affiliate Manager for the merchant and let them know about the issue and have them do a test.

Make sure your affiliate links are UNcloaked so they can see the real affiliate links.