Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 25th, 2011, 08:08 PM

Default Is the sale price the sale price?

I am tinkering with the new sales-items (love it by the way!) and have noticed that for all the merchants I am using the price field holds the sale price and the sale-price field holds the original price...

I know I can just update the code to change the fields around... just wondering if this is an anomaly with the merchants I happen to use?

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Datafeedr Team

Who is the merchant and the network? We can take a look at our datafeed mapping. But it is possible that the merchant has mapped their prices incorrectly in their datafeed.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:39 PM

dexclusive, ivgstores, ewatches and discountwatchstore for a start...

Thanks...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Let me know if you need individual products to look at...

Old January 25th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

The issue with these ShareASale merchants is that SAS has pretty ambiguous fields for their datafeed structure and do not indicate that a specific field be used for a sale price.

For example, fields 8 and 9 in SAS's datafeed are:
Code:
Price
RetailPrice
After looking at many different datafeeds from SAS, we deduced that the price field more accurately reflected the price of the item and that retail price more often represented the sale price. But, because SAS does not indicate a specific field to be used as a sale price, there's no way to know for sure.

I would suggest that instead of editing the prices of all of the products, just set up a conditional statement in your template which reads: if network is shareasale, show sale price, else show regular price.

Eric
Old January 25th, 2011, 09:18 PM

Or just go with whatever price is lower as the sale price...

Thanks for looking into it...

Old January 25th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayorofrance View Post
Or just go with whatever price is lower as the sale price...
Even better.
Old May 1st, 2012, 10:10 PM

Store ID:
Website URL: mybachelorette.com
URL to page in question: http://www.mybachelorette.com/store/...1301182520313/

I have an issue similar to this post. Bachelorette.com uses Shareasale for their feed. I noticed that the sale price field for them in datafeedr is always 0. So I downloaded a csv file from shareasale to see what the raw data looked like. From what I can see they are populating both the RetailPrice and Price fields in SAS, but Datafeedr only has the Price field. Can you load both these prices into datafeedr?
Old May 1st, 2012, 11:24 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Unfortunately Shareasale has not defined a "Sale Price" field. This has led to ambiguous pricing information by their merchants. For example, some merchants list their lower price in the RetailPrice and a higher price in the Price field while others list their prices in the opposite manner. We've had to make a decision and choose the Price field as the regular price field and disregard the RetailPrice field because it usually doesn't accurately reflect the price the product is being sold for. The prices listed on Datafeedr for Bachelorette.com are the lower of the 2 prices.

Eric