Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Default How to add 'sale items' custom view as a category page?

Eric,
I noticed you had a 'sale items' page in the video tutorials. I would like to add the sale items as a category with the category name 'On Sale'. Please let me know how this would be accomplished.
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I see you already added the category 'On Sale'. Now you just need to add products to that category. Once you have products in that category, they will appear.

But it doesn't really make sense to have a category for on sale products. That's not really a category but more of a filter. That page already exists on your site here: yoursite.com/sale-items/

Eric
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM

I am trying to have a clickable link (category or page) like you did in the tutorial. The yoursite.com/sale-items/ was the intended content for my 'on sale' category. So I guess my real question is how I get the yoursite.com/sale-items/ to show as a category in the store. While there is a page, there is no where for my customers to find it/click on it. Hope this makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

I see you already added the category 'On Sale'. Now you just need to add products to that category. Once you have products in that category, they will appear.

But it doesn't really make sense to have a category for on sale products. That's not really a category but more of a filter. That page already exists on your site here: yoursite.com/sale-items/

Eric
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

In your Categories Widget view, in the Category list module, at the end right after

[/category.list]

you could add this code:

<ul><li><a href="http://www.yoursite.com/sale-items/">On Sale</a></li></ul>

It's not perfect but it will get the job done. I'm not sure if your theme is easy to use with the built in WP menu system but the WP Menu system is how I added the sale items link to my main menu.

Eric
Old January 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM

That worked perfectly. Thank you!
Old January 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM

There is a plugin called Page Links To which you could use too...

You can create a WP page and give it a URL to point to... in this case your sales page...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.