Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old March 28th, 2012, 09:30 AM

Default on sale filter or search

Eric, you helped me setup my on sale page which is working great but I have 656 pages (9 items per page) on sale. Is there a way to search just the items on sale? Can I filter these item? What would you suggest? I'm sure this will drive my customers nuts

Thanks
Old March 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can't really set up filters for the sales page but why not create multiple "sale" pages which are already filtered for the user?

Eric
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM

can you point me in the right direction to accomplish that?

thanks
Old March 28th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Duplicate the Sale Items view and you can add additional parameters to the query string field.

For example, the Custom query string for your Sale Item's Product list module looks like this:

Code:
saleprice=1-
You can add additional parameters like this:

Code:
c=864689&saleprice=1-
That returns all products on sale from category ID 864689 (Your Watches category).

Code:
merchant=Backwoods&c=864689&saleprice=1-
That returns all products on sale from category ID 864689 (Your Watches category) AND also from the merchant "Backwoods".

Code:
brand=Timex&saleprice=1-
That returns all products on sale and are of the brand "Timex".

You can configure these custom query strings here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > CUSTOM VIEWS > Sale Items > Product list module

More query string info here: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/154

Eric
Old November 17th, 2012, 11:29 PM

Need some help with this.I changed the query string but not sure how to add seperate category into list module itself and or what url to use to find the page.I just copied all info for product module into new view but not sure what to change per custom view.
Sorry hope i make some sense
Thanks
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

To add multiple categories to the query string, separate the category IDs with comma like this: c=123456,567890

You can set the URL for any new custom view pages you create here: The Factory > Your Store > Store menu > URL Settings.

Eric
Old November 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM

I just want to add 1 id per custom view say snowboard stuff. Question is do i need to change anything in the product list module or just the query string? Second question is like on the sale items view i have no url set in url settings but it shows up as sale items so what would url be if i name custom view snowboard sale items? I only ask because i set it up but could not find it after
Old November 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You can add 1 ID in the custom view. You don't have to change the product list module. However, I really don't know what it is you are trying to accomplish.

If you change the name of the custom view and don't change the URL Settings, then it will show up under /snowboard-sale-items

Eric
Old November 18th, 2012, 10:27 PM

Sorry that is all i was looking for,When i named the view snowboard sale items and loaded it i was getting a not found error on the page so i thought i had to change something in product list module.But i followed your instructions and just added it to the url.Again sorry and Thank You