Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:03 AM

Default Default Page Title Tag

Eric, I'm trying to reformat my title structure on all product detail pages. I want the name of the product to be the title however all pages are only using the name of the site and won't put in the product name.

I am using AIOSEO and it doesn't seem that it recognizes datafeedr posts as any changes I make to AIOSEO don't seem to have any effect. I tried using this code <title>[product.name]</title> in the View <head> Elements section of default page view and it gives a fatal error. What am I doing wrong?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

If you are using AIOSEO, you should read this:
http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...ghlight=aioseo

Eric
Old May 23rd, 2011, 11:52 AM

Thanks Eric. I did check that post and confirmed that box is checked. However it still doesn't accept <title>[product.name]</title> in the header text. Is there anything else I can try?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, you will need to check your header.php file and look in between these tags: <title> ... </title>

It sounds like your theme has hard coded what gets displayed in your title for pages.
I've posted more about this here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...7249#post17249

Eric
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM

Eric, do you see what could be causing the problem? Here is my header code...

<title>
<?php if ( is_home() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php bloginfo('description'); ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_search() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php _e ('Search Results', 'smpl') ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_author() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php _e ('Author Archives', 'smpl') ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_single() ) { ?><?php wp_title(''); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php bloginfo('name'); ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_page() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?> <?php wp_title(' | '); ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_category() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php _e ('Archive', 'smpl') ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php single_cat_title(); ?><?php } ?>
<?php if ( is_month() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php _e ('Archive', 'smpl') ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php the_time('F'); ?><?php } ?>
<?php if (function_exists('is_tag')) { if ( is_tag() ) { ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php _e ('Tag Archive', 'smpl') ?>&nbsp;|&nbsp;<?php single_tag_title("", true); } } ?>
</title>
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

That code looks fine.

I just checked out your store and went here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > PRODUCT DETAIL > Default > View menu > View <head> Elements and that textarea is completely empty.

I would recommend resetting it with the default info:
HTML Code:
<title>[product.name] | [category.name] | </title>
<meta name="description" content="[product.description]" />
<meta name="keywords" content="<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $product->name); ?>,<?php echo str_replace(' ', ',', $category->name); ?>" />
Eric
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:07 PM

Sorry Eric... I left that blank because before when I just had the <title>[product.name]</title> in there it was giving the fatal error. I've reset it back to the original code and though I'm not getting the fatal error message it still is only shows the blog title and no product name.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM

Eric I think it's working now. I think the delay to the fix was a caching issue. Thanks!