Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:43 PM

Default Everything in my store disappeared except 2 products

Store ID: 37484
Website URL: http://www.buyforseniors.com
URL to page in question: http://www.buyforseniors.com/store

Gah! I had about 100 or more products in 4 categories in my store that I was slowly dripfeeding into drafts. Luckily, I have about 21 drafts sitting around waiting for me to customize, so I can add those back into the store if I have to, but this is bad. Suddenly, the value of using a system like this goes away when everything just disappears. Is there any kind of "get it all back" function? Or do I have to make all these decisions again? I chose specific products for specific reasons, and didn't just grab everything in a search. For that reason, I didn't save searches, because I didn't want to use everything in a search.

Very frustrated right now.
Old May 15th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We're looking into this.

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

This happened because the merchant The Wright Stuff Home Health Care Products changed all of their unique product IDs. When a merchant provides unique product IDs, we use those IDs in our system to update products in our system.

We've tried to match the old IDs with the new IDs. Can you take a look at your store and see if everything is about right?

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:37 AM

Whew, much better. Thank you.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:41 AM

Ack! No, not much better. All of my customizations are gone. I spent a long time adjusting the titles and descriptions for the products that I've moved from draft to published, and all of that work is just gone. I'm gutted.
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Do you mean of your dripped posts?

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We've updated your customizations as well.

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM

Hmm, yes, I can see that in the factory now, thank you, however, the changes aren't taking place when I update products and settings on the blog. Here's an example: http://www.buyforseniors.com/playing...er-hands-free/ - isn't showing the custom info - here's the custom description in the factory:

<p>Find it difficult to hold playing cards steady, or for long periods of time? There are gadgets you can use to help you hold cards, but this one has all the right features.</p><p>It can be held comfortably in your hand if you prefer, or you can simply set it on the table. It's free standing, so no effort is needed at all.</p>
<p><b>Features:</b></p>
<ul>
<li>Free standing or can be held comfortably. Your choice.</li>
<li>Holds up to 15 cards</li>
<li>Easy to slide cards in and out of the holder.</li>
<li>Package comes with two holders!</li>
</ul>

When I click the Update Products and Settings button in my blog, it says Update Complete. But the custom stuff never shows up.
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

That's because when dripped posts' products are no longer exist in the store (which is this case because the unique IDs have changed), the dripped posts' information is pulled from its custom fields. You'll need to edit the custom field values to update your old dripped posts.

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:03 PM

Ok. I edited each in the factory. Updated afterwards on my site. Nothing changed. Still not showing the custom descriptions.
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chica1230 View Post
Ok. I edited each in the factory.
I said to update the data in your post's custom fields, not edit the information in the Factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You'll need to edit the custom field values to update your old dripped posts.
The custom field values are stored for each dripped post and can be found in your WordPress Admin area under Posts.

Eric
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM

Ahhh. I see. Man, it's a good thing this happened this early on. This is going to be enough of a pain as it is. Can't imagine how difficult this would be with hundreds of products to change.
Old May 16th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Normally, merchant's don't change their product IDs but it does happen.