Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM

Default Page titles and meta descriptions on filtered pages

Eric,

Wonder if you could help out here. Getting a problem with regards to filtered views.

If we take a normal page on my website http://brighttights.com/category/652234-fishnet-tights/ it has an seomoz seo ranking of A for the keyword fishnet tights.

See image below

However for one the filter pages which I am trying to rank (which ranks no7 in google uk for Yellow Tights) http://brighttights.com/store/catego...s/?word=Yellow the seo score is very poor

This is easy enough to fix but I cannot work out how to fix it. I cannot work out how to edit, for example, the page title to get the keyword in nor the meta description. Also how would I add text which I would only want to be returned for that search? I would like the keyword of yellow tights in h1/B/S on the page too

many thanks
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can use this tag in your <title> tags to get the "word" parameter:

[store.get param="word"]

Eric
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Thanks that seem to work. one minor issue. I cannot get a space between the Word and the Category name no matter what I put it comes up as one joined word rather than two individual. The code I'm using is below

<title>[store.get param="word"] [category.name] | [store.if page="on"] | Page [store.page] [/store.if] [store.if page="off"] | Page 1 [/store.if] | </title>

Also, is there any way I could take the url of http://brighttights.com/store/catego...s/?word=Yellow so I could insert an article about yellow tights, as I have done for the general category (but not filtered) pages.

Ie

<?php include("/home/stores/domains/brighttights.com/public_html/xxxx/xxx.txt"); ?>
[/store.if]
<?php } ?>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ($category->id == 635722) : ?>
<?php if (!$_GET) { ?>
[store.if page="off"]

Last edited by digitalcow : February 13th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Datafeedr Team

Try replacing your space " " with a "&nbsp;".
Old February 13th, 2012, 02:54 PM

Thanks. Those minor changes have taken the page score to a 'B' so that'll do. if I get get first page without the keyword in the title then it's gotta help move me up a few more places