Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 9th, 2012, 10:52 PM

Default coupon code in product details page

I think I follow the instructions in your video to have coupons with the merchant.

I added a TEXT on the product details page with this code

<?php echo datafeedr_tag ('coupons?merchant='.$product=>merchant.'&c=717158 ');?>

but now when i select a product the product detail page is just blank.
I am not sure I was able to capture the right code from the video.

Is this right?
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I've outlined that here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3734

Eric
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:48 AM

it works now.

However if i click on the coupon link it just loads the product description for the coupon (and I need to click buy in the coupon description for it to go to the merchant website). Is there a way that when someone click on the highlight coupon link, it opens another window into the merchants website? And I assume that the coupon link has the affiliate ID like any other product right?
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:40 AM

You should edit your template code for coupons and replace [product.link] with [product.url] if you want that the coupon link goes straight to the merchant.

Yes, the coupon link includes your affiliate ID assuming you entered one for the network in question. If you want to verify the raw affiliate link you can always use [product.url direct='1'].
Old January 10th, 2012, 11:30 AM

thanks, it is looking good! There are two minor things to finalize this.

1. Some coupons don't have a coupon code but they come as coupons. Check this one here for example. Then I know that maps.com has a 10% of coupon, which does not come in the query
http://thriftytraveling.com/store/tr...2000193451510/

2. It does not seem to pick up the coupon code in the right line even in this other example where coupon code is shown in the description.
http://thriftytraveling.com/store/ca...6202010080915/

This is the code I am using..
<h2>Coupons for this product</h2>
<strong>To activate the coupon click "Buy" on the product above and use coupon code at check out</strong>
<br></br>

[product.each]
<p>
<a href="[product.url]" target="_blank"><strong>[product.name]</strong></a>
from <span style="color:#999;font-size:85%;font-style:italic;">[product.merchant]</span><br />
[coupon.description]<br />
<small>
<strong>Code:</strong> [coupon.code]<br />
<strong>End Date:</strong> [coupon.end]<br />
</small>
</p>
[product.end]
Old January 10th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvm27 View Post
1. Some coupons don't have a coupon code but they come as coupons. Check this one here for example. Then I know that maps.com has a 10% of coupon, which does not come in the query
http://thriftytraveling.com/store/tr...2000193451510/
Not all merchants include a coupon code. The coupon may be automatically applied when a visitor clicks on the link or the visitor may be redirected to a special page.

Note that just like regular products you can edit the coupon/deal name and description via the "More Info" link that you find under each product record.

You can also build in an if else statement in your template code and hide the coupon code field when there's no value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcvm27 View Post
It does not seem to pick up the coupon code in the right line even in this other example where coupon code is shown in the description.
http://thriftytraveling.com/store/ca...6202010080915/
Some merchants just include the coupon code into the coupon description because not all networks provide a separate datafeed field for the coupon.

If there's no separate coupon field in the datafeed we're not able to fill in the Datafeedr coupon code field.

If you want to fill in the coupon code field yourself just add the line below at the end of your coupon description and adjust to your needs.

[Offer begins: 01/01/2012; Offer ends: 01/31/2012; Coupon code:FSAGE11]

Last edited by stefan : January 10th, 2012 at 01:18 PM.