Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM

Default Dropship Plug-in

Greetings All!

Some may have seen me ask a question about getting cusotmers to pay for the goods direct using paypal.

Thanks to David form affiliate web designers I am now running such a plug-in.

It over-rides the datafeedr affiliate button and replaces it with a paypal buy button.

There are some steps and it is relatively easy to do them and David was fantastic in getting it to work.

I have set it only to override NZ cusotmers but you can set it to do more countries than this, but the issue you run into is the shipping cost.

If you go to my site, you notice a widget appearing top right which tells you what country you are from, thats how the plug-in knows where the customer comes from. It is part of the plug-in.

It definately is not the ideal solution to dropship but as I wanted it for one country it may suffice for me and I am keen to see what happens.

Still think Guys you should be developing a dropship model for datafeedr. It was not that difficult for David to code something simple up like this and change some of the code in the DFR templates to make it work.

This is NOT a cart, it simply replace the affilate Buy Now button with a Paypal Buy Now button which I configured in Paypal and copied the code into the plug-in.

If you interested to see it working for your country, just let me know and I add your country to the allowable countries in the plug-in which will allow the paypal button to show up.

Again Kudos to David to working with me to code the plug-in and supply the necessary code for the DFR templates and his proce was reasonable.
Old December 4th, 2012, 06:58 AM

Thanks - there's a write-up of the plugin available here:

http://www.affiliatewebdesigners.com...-dropshipping/

I actually think it should work with the Paypal 'Add To Cart' button - the reason I'd originally been hesitant about the 'Add to cart' button was if you have some products which are drop-shipped and some which are affiliate links - but if, for one entire country, ALL products are drop-shipped then I see no reason for the AddToCart button not to work with the existing plugin I made.
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:01 AM

For anyone looking for a link for Ians site where you can see the plugin in practice, visit here:

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.co...4201727016066/

Change the country in the right hand side bar to New Zealand and you will see the 'BUY NOW' affiliate button changes to a PayPal Buy Now button and *additionally* note that there is a markup added for his drop-shipping service of 25% (configurable in the plugin).
Old December 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzcid View Post

Still think Guys you should be developing a dropship model for datafeedr. It was not that difficult for David to code something simple up like this and change some of the code in the DFR templates to make it work.

This is NOT a cart, it simply replace the affilate Buy Now button with a Paypal Buy Now button which I configured in Paypal and copied the code into the plug-in.
So is the merchant you're displaying products from acting as a dropshipper too? Or did you make some arrangements with the merchant? In other words how are you going to fulfill the order?
Old December 4th, 2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
So is the merchant you're displaying products from acting as a dropshipper too? Or did you make some arrangements with the merchant? In other words how are you going to fulfill the order?
The merchant offers dropshipping as well.
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhilditch View Post
For anyone looking for a link for Ians site where you can see the plugin in practice, visit here:

http://www.chinawholesalectronics.co...4201727016066/

Change the country in the right hand side bar to New Zealand and you will see the 'BUY NOW' affiliate button changes to a PayPal Buy Now button and *additionally* note that there is a markup added for his drop-shipping service of 25% (configurable in the plugin).
I did not see that happen, when changing the default (detected) Canada to New Zealand ... so, all I saw was the affiliate's Buy Now button going direct to Chinavision detail product page.

FYI
Old December 4th, 2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800HART View Post
I did not see that happen, when changing the default (detected) Canada to New Zealand ... so, all I saw was the affiliate's Buy Now button going direct to Chinavision detail product page.

FYI
Talk to me via Skype as temporaily I turned the feature off It does work Do not put my name to something that does not work..