Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old July 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Default How do you get accepted by merchants when you have no traffic?

shop 32460

I applied to commision Junction and was accepted. But walmart, Toshiba and JR Computers rejected my site. I was asked how much traffic I had. Wanting to be honest, I selected the lowest choice 99 uv per day. On the Linkshare application, the lowest choice was 500 UV per day and compusa/Tigerdirect, and Buy.com accepted this.

Here is my question: If I ditch the honesty and lie next time, do they actually check my traffic numbers?

P.S. This is why datafeedR needs to get Amazon; Amazon sells everything... everyone trust Amazon; with Amazon I wouldn't need Walmart.
Old July 6th, 2011, 02:44 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You might try contacting the affiliate manager directly and tell them about your marketing plans, your niche and how you plan to grow the site to see if they will reconsider your application.

Eric
Old July 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM

Hi - Great answer by Eric but I just wanted to add that it's important to keep your head up. It can be frustrating being rejected by some merchants but there are some that will accept you. So use these merchants to start off your site then after you get some traffic use this data and contact the other merchants you're trying to go after.

Good luck!
Joe