Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Feature Requests
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 7th, 2011, 03:07 PM

Default User Accounts

I would like to outsource some of my store creation and would like to give my outsourcer access to my store builder however if I have multiple stores under one account I don't want them to have access to all of my stores. I'd like to be able to create a user account and assign which stores they would have access to work on.
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Another feature that would be nice for outsourced access accounts would be to restrict certain areas, such as bypassing the login page(amember/member.php) and not allowing access to personal and account data unless they have been approved to do so. It would be nice to turn that access on and off as needed. I guess it would just be user level access like in wordpress.

Also maybe switch on/off posting and reading to the forums.

Access to read, but not post.
Access to read, access to post.
No Read, No post.

Multiple sub-user accounts.
Would be nice too. Allowing for different access levels based on what their task happens to be and would allow access at the same time, but for different reasons.

I promise to keep dreaming!

Gramps
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:57 PM

I would also like to be able to create more logins to datafeedr so that I can get junior employees to add/update categories and products but nothing else. It's not a good use of my time (that costs a lot more) to do this when I have cheaper data entry level employees available.
Old March 30th, 2012, 04:32 PM

This would be a great feature with level restriction so that a site can not be deleted accidentally and ones where only products can be updated.
Old April 8th, 2012, 04:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmtn View Post
I would also like to be able to create more logins to datafeedr so that I can get junior employees to add/update categories and products but nothing else. It's not a good use of my time (that costs a lot more) to do this when I have cheaper data entry level employees available.
This is pretty much exactly what I want to.

Outsourced users have restricted login levels.
-Datafeedr stores access
-Conduct search with existing store merchants for new products, add to store and update (i guess the last option would be giving them wordpress access - can this be done remotely from datafeedr for ease?)
-Add categories
-Change views and widgets (advanced access)
-search for new products via discovery tool - and request new merchant access to admin user

I will watch this thread as I believe outsourcing is a must!

Cheers

Johnny
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:16 AM

Store ID: 36956
Website URL: http://hotbargaindealstoday.com
URL to page in question: http://hotbargaindealstoday.com

How can I create multiple accounts for my employees to log in and update my database with limited access to my accounts other information?
Old April 24th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Welcome to the forums!

This feature does not exist. That's why the request to add this feature has been added in the Feature Requests forum.

Eric