Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 20th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Default Amazon Integration

I was just reading a thread from back in 2009 and 2010 and it talked about Amazon integration coming soon to V2.

Guess that didn't happen!

Any ideas when it might surface...? weeks away, months away?

I have heaps of products I want to add, but can't be bothered doing them manually. Would much rather an automated way!
Inside of 3 months, I think I can wait.. more than that... might have to do the slow way.

Please reply with good news.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 12:16 PM

Default Amazon Please

I too would love to see Amazon become part of Datafeedr. I have spent the last 4 hours trying to get a few banner links from CJ. Have talked with them 3 times. Their system keeps logging me out after a couple of minutes, very frustrating. Never have these problems using Amazon.

Just wondering if anyone else is currently having problems grabbing the html code at CJ? I have not needed to since I went to version 4 of Firefox, maybe this is a problem?

I am accepting cookies of course and allowing pop-ups. Anyone have a suggestion for me?

Thanks
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:20 AM

Eric or Stefan... any reply to this?
Old May 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by patagonia View Post
Eric or Stefan... any reply to this?
We are working on it now for the next release but it's proving to be much more challenging than other Affiliate Networks because it seems you can only grab 40 products at a time. We're looking for other ways around this.
Old May 31st, 2011, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
We are working on it now for the next release but it's proving to be much more challenging than other Affiliate Networks because it seems you can only grab 40 products at a time. We're looking for other ways around this.
Even 40 products at a time is way better than doing it manually - is it possible to have access to this while you are working on allowing more products?

I have several amazon shops and it is a massive pain to manually add products. If we could just add products by ASIN that would be great.
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexmtn View Post
Even 40 products at a time is way better than doing it manually - is it possible to have access to this while you are working on allowing more products?

I have several amazon shops and it is a massive pain to manually add products. If we could just add products by ASIN that would be great.
Nothing has been integrated yet. We're still researching what the best way would be to implement Amazon into the existing Datafeedr platform. The problem is that Amazon no longer allows unlimited API calls. They introduced some efficiency guidelines last year.

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...tail/main.html

So sites using Amazon's API may end up with an API call error when limits are exceeded. Just enter the phrase "Account limit of 2000 requests per hour exceeded" in Google to see how sites using Amazon software are affected.