|Home||Register||FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
Here's how to add a <select> dropdown menu for brands, merchants and networks which gets filtered by category This filters to 1 category level deep so it's not a perfect solution for filtering per category. If you are not comfortable editing PHP or HTML code, this tutorial might not be for you.
You don't have to use them all but you can if you want. Here's what it will look like:
1. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > WIDGETS > Add a new view
2. Name the view "Drop Down Filters"
3. Add a Text module to the view
4. Add the following code to the Text module:
<form method="get"> <!-- Brand drop down select menu --> <select name="brand"> <?php echo dfr_get_brands($category->id); ?> </select> <!-- Merchant drop down select menu --> <select name="merchant_id"> <?php echo dfr_get_merchants($category->id); ?> </select> <!-- Network drop down select menu --> <select name="net_id"> <?php echo dfr_get_networks($category->id); ?> </select> <input type="submit" value="Go" /> </form>
6. Open your theme's functions.php file (usually found here: /wp-content/themes/YOUR-THEME/functions.php)
7. Add the following PHP code to the bottom of the file:
9. Add the new "Drop Down Filters" widget to your sidebar here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Widgets
Configure your email settings to receive an email when your question is answered.
Version 3 Information Removing the title "Store" from your store pages Set your store as your homepage
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Brand Filter Drop-Down with All Brands option||meperez||Questions||8||March 26th, 2011 12:04 AM|
|Add drop down menus for store categories||ccgmark||Tips, Tricks & Tutorials||13||January 28th, 2011 01:34 PM|
|Adding 'products per page' and 'sort by' drop down menus to pages||lbuilta59||Questions||1||January 27th, 2011 10:36 AM|