|Home||Register||FAQ||Members List||Calendar||Search||Today's Posts||Mark Forums Read|
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread||Display Modes|
What to do when product images cannot be saved locally or their URL masked
Sometimes merchants impose access controls on their images so that we cannot download them and store them locally nor can we rewrite the image URL. The only way to get the image to display on your website is by requesting the image directly from the merchant's server.
Here's how to change your site so that you are pulling images directly from the merchants' servers:
1. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > STORE FRONT PAGE > Default
2. Click the theme icon ( ) for the Product list module.
3. Change [product.thumbnail tag='1'] to [product.thumbnail tag='1' direct='1']
4. Click the [Save changes] button.
5. Repeat steps 2~4 for the following views:
6. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > PRODUCT DETAIL > Default
7. Click the theme icon ( ) for the Product detail module.
8. Change [product.image tag='1'] to [product.image tag='1' direct='1']
9. Click the [Save changes] button.
10. Go here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > DRIP TEMPLATE > Default
11. Click the theme icon ( ) for the Product detail module.
12. Change [product.image] to [product.image direct='1']
13. Click the [Save changes] button.
14. Go here: WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr
15. Click the [Update Settings Only] button.
That should do it.
Configure your email settings to receive an email when your question is answered.
Version 3 Information Removing the title "Store" from your store pages Set your store as your homepage
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Hosting Images Locally.||billy_w||Questions||1||April 3rd, 2012 01:44 PM|
|Merchants Images Locally||macfink||Questions||1||July 13th, 2011 02:54 PM|
|Locally hosted images and thumbnails not showing up||elecpulp||Problems||4||April 4th, 2011 03:21 PM|