Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM

Default New Site Set Up question

Hi Stefan and Eric

Well, with your help I've already built my first store with datafeedr. Setting up an affiliate website was quite a big learning curve.

I'm now preparing my second affiliate website and I have a 'basic' question on how to build it in the shortest amount of time. Also, I'm looking at ways of reducing the 'maintenance' time also.

The website will deal with one merchant only.

I'll be using Wordpress and Datafeedr. Will I have to set up separate categories in the factory for each page of the website with separate data feeds for each that correspond with the page in Wordpress or is there a quicker way to do the architecture?

Paul

Last edited by cyberil : January 14th, 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old January 14th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Paul,

The way you set up your other store (dysoncompare) is not actually the easiest way. I believe you created your own WP pages which served up product information and comparison sets.

Datafeedr handles all of that for you.

Yes, you will need to create a category for each category you want to have on your site. I'm not sure how you can get around that. Then you simply add products to those categories via subscriptions. Please read about subscriptions here: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/158

I'm not sure what you mean by having separate data feeds. You don't have to process the data feeds at all. We handle that for you.

Read the section from the link I provided above. I think things will make more sense after reading that.

Eric
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:35 AM

Thanks Eric

If I add the categories via the factory are you saying I won't have to manually add pages via Wordpress?

Paul

Last edited by cyberil : January 14th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.