Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 8th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Default V3 Comparison Tool

Hey Guys - Anyone have a live site that is utilizing the V3 comparison tool at the product page level? I am having some real issue getting it to look right so I was just curious if anyone else has had success. I am pretty excited to get it working. Thanks!
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Here is a test site I set up this AM to check out V3... this is what the comparison tool looks like when I add it to the product detail page:

http://www.aria-peg-pergo-stroller.c...3100194332140/

Any thoughts?
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Datafeedr Team

I guess you are looking to apply style to the comparison table and your theme does not supply any default style for html tables.

You could try adding something like this to your store's Custom CSS (Factory > Store Menu > Custom CSS):

Code:
table
{
	width: 100%;
	background-color: #E1E4ED;
	border: 1px solid #3F444F;
	border-collapse: collapse;
}

table td
{
	padding: 10px;
	border: 1px solid #3F444F;
}
Here is a wizard for setting up table css. It's very handy: http://www.somacon.com/p141.php

Eric
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM

Brilliant... Thank you.

What controls the product image size & title text for the product comparison set (I would like the image / text, ect to look just like the standard product detail module)?

Also, any way to use either the comparison set or the product description? I.e, I would set up a comparison set for all my key products but it one didn't exist I would like to just show the standard product detail module?
Old January 9th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1533 View Post
What controls the product image size & title text for the product comparison set (I would like the image / text, ect to look just like the standard product detail module)?
This is all controlled by CSS. Your site's text is controlled by your theme's css file. Your images are controlled by the datafeedr CSS. But without knowing what images you are referring to, I can't help anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1533 View Post
Also, any way to use either the comparison set or the product description? I.e, I would set up a comparison set for all my key products but it one didn't exist I would like to just show the standard product detail module?
This is not possible.