Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:02 AM

Default "The page you are attempting to access is temporarily unavailable"

I am frequently getting an error when using the factory "The page you are attempting to access is temporarily unavailable"...

Is this an error you have identified already?

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:22 AM

I should probably add that this happens when I click Copy on the category search subscriptions multiple times quickly to create many copies of a search subscriptions...

Easy-Email - Access ALL your email accounts with one login & synchronize automatically on all your computers.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:28 AM
Datafeedr Team

We've had to put in place some flood protection to prevent automated requests. We've had people try to abuse the Factory in the past by running automated scripts. This is why you are receiving the message. Performing multiple actions back to back will result in this error.
Old February 2nd, 2011, 03:52 PM

Hmmm.... okay... would it be possible to lift the limits a bit?

At the moment this is happening quite frequently for me... and it adds many extra clicks to the process of creating subcategories to main categories...

So basically what I am doing is this:

1. I create a main category for a brand, say Ben & Jerry.
2. Then i copy this subscription (and typically click the copy button 5 - 10 times in a row to give me some subscriptions to work with).
3. Then I edit the subscriptions one by one to add model name, say Strawberry, to make the subcription narrower.
4. Then I save the new subscription.

In the last hour of doing this (already tedious work :-) I have had perhaps 20 - 30 of these, and each time I have to wait a bit, then refresh the page and check if the last operation in fact did take place...

This time around I have had to create 115 sub-categories - just to give you an idea...

I appreciate the fact you need flood protection, but perhaps the settings are a tad too restrictive at the moment?

A better alternative would be if I could import a list of category names and search subscriptions, but I don't think that is around the corner :-) (I already created a feature request for this one)...

Thank you for your understanding...

Old February 16th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Hi Eric,

I still get these regularly... very disruptive...

Have you considered lifting the limit?

Thanks,

Anders

Old February 16th, 2011, 07:43 PM
Datafeedr Team

We'll take a look and see if this can be fixed.
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:50 PM

Hi Eric,

This is still occurring... basically 5-6 fast clicks and you get this message...

Cheers,

Anders

Old March 7th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Datafeedr Team

We did increase the limit. At this point, if we were to increase the limit any more, we would be putting the server at risk of automated attacks.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Datafeedr Team

Sorry, my previous message is wrong. We did address this issue but in the 3.1 version, not in the current version of the Factory. We are planning on releasing 3.1 this week.
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Datafeedr Team

Version 3.1 is now available.