Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 6th, 2011, 01:24 PM

Wink Newbie with a few questions.

Hi

I hoping someone can help me with a couple of basic questions. I think the software is exactly what I've been looking for but I'm stumped on a couple of things.

1. Some of the merchants that I was accepted by from Affiliate Network and Commission Junction do not show on the list of available merchants. One or two are major merchants and it would be a shame not to be able to work with them. Any advice on this?

2. The second issue is more complex. It's about importing the feed. My domain is www.dysoncompare.com which has been built in Wordpress. It's a site comparison website. For example, what I am hoping for is to add an automatically updated feed to http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...4-multi-floor/ displaying prices, stock info, etc. from various merchants for that product only. I'm not quite sure whether the feed should be MERGE, IGNORE or OVERWRITE I've read the documentation several times and viewed the video but I'm still confused and don't want the site to get deleted. So to help answer my question using http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...4-multi-floor/ as an example I'll explain the file structures:

Wordpress Structure:
No Categories
Parent: Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Pageyson DC24 Multi Floor

Factory Structure:
Category: Upright Vacuum Cleaners
Type: add products. Name: Dyson DC24 Multi Floor. Merchants: etc.

Any advice would be appreciated.

3. Probably the easiest question. I don't need the 'Store' page as seen here: http://www.dysoncompare.com/store/ - any ideas on removing it?

Thanks for any help and I'm looking forward to using this bit of software that's looking pretty good so far.

Paul
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberil View Post
1. Some of the merchants that I was accepted by from Affiliate Network and Commission Junction do not show on the list of available merchants. One or two are major merchants and it would be a shame not to be able to work with them. Any advice on this?
You can request merchants here and read more about requesting merchants here.

Quote:
2. The second issue is more complex. It's about importing the feed. My domain is www.dysoncompare.com which has been built in Wordpress. It's a site comparison website. For example, what I am hoping for is to add an automatically updated feed to http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...4-multi-floor/ displaying prices, stock info, etc. from various merchants for that product only. I'm not quite sure whether the feed should be MERGE, IGNORE or OVERWRITE I've read the documentation several times and viewed the video but I'm still confused and don't want the site to get deleted. So to help answer my question using http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...4-multi-floor/ as an example I'll explain the file structures:
You should use the MERGE method in most cases. Datafeedr does not support stock information. We do not currently support comparison sets but will be doing so in the next few days. If you really need a comparison set, I would wait a day or 2 until that feature is supported.

Quote:
3. Probably the easiest question. I don't need the 'Store' page as seen here: http://www.dysoncompare.com/store/ - any ideas on removing it?
That's explained here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35

Eric
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM

Hi Eric

Thanks for your quick reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi
You can request merchants here and read more about requesting merchants here.
I've posted a request for Comet to be added. BTW Comet is one of the largest electrical retailers in the UK.

Quote:
You should use the MERGE method in most cases. Datafeedr does not support stock information.
Can stock information be added (stock yes or no rather than quantities of stock. Is it something my developer can add easily or can I pay you guys to do it?

Quote:
We do not currently support comparison sets but will be doing so in the next few days. If you really need a comparison set, I would wait a day or 2 until that feature is supported.
Yes it's really needed and appreciated. How will I know when it's working, which part of the website do I need to look at to find out?

Quote:
Eric just to clarify, I didn't want to change the title just remove that page completely? I did it by removing 'store' page in Wordpress.

Last edited by cyberil : January 6th, 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Can stock information be added (stock yes or no rather than quantities of stock. Is it something my developer can add easily or can I pay you guys to do it?
You will be able to append that information to the product's description on an unused field in Version 3.

Quote:
Yes it's really needed and appreciated. How will I know when it's working, which part of the website do I need to look at to find out?
The entire Factory will look brand new. See this thread: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3268 We are on schedule to release before the end of this week.
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM

Thanks Eric - Any ideas when V.3 will be released?
Old January 6th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Thanks Eric - Any ideas when V.3 will be released?
Quote:
We are on schedule to release before the end of this week.
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Eric

Just one more quick question.

My word press site was built by my developer a few weeks back. Can datafeedr be integrated into existing sites as well as new ones?

My URL is www.dysoncompare.com or am I better rebuilding a new site with datafeedr and using the template and content from the existing site. The question applies to beta version 3 as I will be using the price comparison function.

Thanks

Paul
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
My word press site was built by my developer a few weeks back. Can datafeedr be integrated into existing sites as well as new ones?
Yes.

It's probably best to wait a few hours for the release of Version 3 before you install the plugin.

Eric
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:52 PM

Sorry I'm not sure if you understood my question. The site was built in word press and now I'm adding datafeedr. Would it have been better to do a fresh word press install using all the datafeedr tools? Or does it not make a difference. Perhaps it's a stupid question
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Datafeedr Team

You can add Datafeedr to an existing WordPress website. Datafeedr cannot install WordPress. So, installing Datafeedr on your existing WordPress site is fine.
Old January 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Thanks
Old February 19th, 2011, 03:10 PM

cyberil,

How were you able to show only one version of a product with the comparison set and not every version of the product (from each merchant)?