Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM

Default How Best to Change Categories in My Site

Store ID:
Website URL: http://www.thenarrowshoe.com
URL to page in question: http://thenarrowshoe.com/category/featured-shoes/

Hi Eric,

I hate to say it, but I think the time has come for me to stop using datafeedr for a while. I have a few questions regarding how best to do this:

1) My Featured Shoes page is where my store is. Is it possible to take these shoes out of my datafeedr store and display them instead in the categories listed in my drop down menus instead of the store?

2) Will I still earn commission on click-throughs from my store if I'm no longer signed up with datafeedr?

3) Can I duplicate or create a copy of the store in case I want to sign-up again with datafeedr in the future, so that I don't have to recreate it from scratch?

4) At some point, if I don't want the "Store" category anymore, how would I delete it from my site?

I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your wonderful support over the years. I think datafeedr is great and I hope to create new and different store with it in the not-to-distant future.

Thanks!
Old April 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Sorry to see you go!

1. Not without dripping those all of the products from your store to your blog.

2. Yes, until the links expire or change or the products are no longer available from the merchant.

3. Your store will be waiting for your return in the Factory. It won't be deleted any time soon.

4. You can unpublish the "Store" page to remove it from your site.

We hope to see you back soon!

Thanks,
Eric
Old April 14th, 2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi,

Sorry to see you go!

1. Not without dripping those all of the products from your store to your blog.

2. Yes, until the links expire or change or the products are no longer available from the merchant.

3. Your store will be waiting for your return in the Factory. It won't be deleted any time soon.

4. You can unpublish the "Store" page to remove it from your site.

We hope to see you back soon!

Thanks,
Eric
I'm working on another site, so I hope to do so soon. In the mean time, for this one re: #1 to drip everything into my site, do I just stop the scheduled drip and update everything?

Also, I'm confused between menus and categories -- since the site was created for me I'm not sure how to figure this out -- since the store is set up with menus -- since I won't be dripping products into the categories anymore -- how would I add products individually into each of my child categories -- i.e. if I'm adding a women's sandal to the women's sandal child category where can I do that? It's probably really obvious but I'm just not seeing it.

Thanks!
Old April 14th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

There are 2 options for dripping: drip all products into one category in your blog or have the drip recreate your store's category structure when it drips the products.

If you already have a drip in place, then you could speed it up by increasing the drip interval.

The drip will add products to your blog's categories and those categories can be added to your menu system here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Menus

Eric
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Hi,

There are 2 options for dripping: drip all products into one category in your blog or have the drip recreate your store's category structure when it drips the products.

If you already have a drip in place, then you could speed it up by increasing the drip interval.

The drip will add products to your blog's categories and those categories can be added to your menu system here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Menus

Eric
I guess what I'm not understanding is that here is the url for women's shoes http://thenarrowshoe.com/store/category/womens-shoes/

If I take out the word store from the url, that will mess up the store. I want to keep the store there, but now instead of going through datafeedr to load several shoes at one time, I want to load individual shoes here and there. So, if I wanted to add new products individually without datafeedr where an I doing that so that they are divided up into the categories and subcategories. How do I connect that with the drop down menus in my site -- which is currently only set up to function with the store? Sorry, I know I'm not wording this well.

Last edited by thenarrowshoe : April 15th, 2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old April 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

I guess you are talking about adding products as posts. You can do that with core WP and its category system. Then you can add those categories to WP's menu system.

Eric
Old April 16th, 2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hi,

I guess you are talking about adding products as posts. You can do that with core WP and its category system. Then you can add those categories to WP's menu system.

Eric
Thanks.