Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM

Smile Search error

Hi Eric,

I have created a sub domian called search which has put a folder called search in the public_html folder. Now when I do a search using the Datafeedr simple search I get a blank page.

I'm presuming that creating the search sub domain has caused this but I wanted to check that is the problem before I deconstruct what I have put into place.

Using the search seems to try and use a folder called search in the public_html folder. This wasn't here before I created the sub domain. I'm just not sure how the datafeedr search works and would like some more info so I can diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
Jason
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Datafeedr Team

The problem is because you have a folder on your server with the same name as a URL path on your site. When Apache is attempting to find what file it should serve up first, folders and directories always take precedent over "folders" or "directories" that have been created using mod_rewrite.

You will either need to rename your subdirectory or change the URL settings so that the path to your search page is different.

Eric