Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 28th, 2015, 04:02 PM

Default redirecting message?

I doubt Datafeedr has this capability, but maybe it does with a little coding? I want to have a "redirecting" message like Trivago does when you are taken to the site to make a purchase. Like here when you click "view deal". http://www.trivago.com/?aDateRange%5...Sitemap=false&

Can it be done. If it can but beyond the scope of your support....would it most likely be done totally within datafeedr?

It would be nice for something to be showing while a slower website is opening.

http://saveongolf.net
Old January 29th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeestonk View Post
It would be nice for something to be showing while a slower website is opening.
It still won't help this situation. The page will still take the same amount of time when your site finally redirects to their page. It's not possible to load their page in the background.

Eric
Old January 29th, 2015, 09:50 AM

Hi Eric. I understand that it won't help the situation by making the page load any faster, but I think the idea is to have something there for the person to look at or read to tell them something is going to happen. Also to make it clear they are going to another site. I've been getting website user evaluations and one thing that was mentioned several times was that they were taken back when they were sent to another website. So I changed the tag line on the homepage to explain that a little better, and changed the buttons to say "view deal at.......", but this last item would be terrific if it could be done somehow. Even a little spinning icon would let the buyer know that something is happening when a site takes 5 or 10 seconds to load. I have to think there is a way to do it. This ain't over! ;0)
Old January 29th, 2015, 10:32 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Unfortunately it's not possible, not without a lot of hackery. But it is outside the scope of support we're able to provide.

It is however possible with our WooCommerce plugin (but I realize that might not help you very much).

Eric