Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 16th, 2011, 01:29 PM

Default Can I use a feed that is not from a network?

Hi Eric & Stefan,
We have some advertisers on our site that pay us on a monthly basis to display their products in our store.
One advertiser has his own feed with 5,000 products and he wants to display it. He says he currently uses it to display his products in Google, etc.
Is it possible to use datafeedr to handle this feed so that it will show up in our store?
Naomi
Old February 16th, 2011, 02:09 PM

As long as the advertiser is not part of one of the affiliate networks we support there is no way to get the advertiser's products added to your site via Datafeedr. We're currently working on making the "Adding custom products" V1 feature available in V3. Not sure though if that will be a solution as you will be required to add products manually.
Old February 16th, 2011, 04:34 PM

Thanks for your reply Stefan.
I am VERY happy to hear that you are working on adding the custom products feature. The day you add this feature will be the day we begin the upgrade process. I really hope it will be ASAP.
A question:
When it is added will products that have been added manually in V1 appear in our store after we upgrade to V3?
I am asking this because I don't want to add 1,000 products manually to our store today (which takes hours and hours), only to have them disappear when we upgrade in a week or two.
Thanks,
Naomi
Old February 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Naomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblogster View Post
When it is added will products that have been added manually in V1 appear in our store after we upgrade to V3?
Unfortunately, this is not possible. Are these products from a merchant who belongs to a network we currently don't support?
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:11 AM

The merchant is not a member of any network - he just has an ecommerce website with a feed and he wants his products in our store. It's a shame that can't be done right now in datafeedr.

But what really worries me is the fact that all custom products will disappear when we upgrade to V3 - that means I'm darned if I do, and darned if I don't.

If I do upload them manually now so that I can earn advertising $$$$, I will have to do it all again when we upgrade (and this means losing $$$$ paid for data entry) - darn!

If I don't upload them manually now so that I can avoid losing data entry $$$$, but then custom products feature does not appear in V3 in the next few weeks, then I've lost advertising $$$$ BIG TIME - darn!

I can't win...

I guess that the only solution is for me to request once again - to please add the custom products feature to V3 ASAP.

Thanks!
Naomi