Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 1st, 2012, 01:59 PM

Default A few questions/issues

Hi,

I'm getting really close to taking my site live (right now I'm designing it offline), but I'm running into the following issues.

1. I'm having a problem with the product list items being offset when the merchant name is more than one line. Here's a screen grab of an example:

http://doomedgroom.com/images/DATAFE...FSET_ISSUE.png

As you can see, it creates an issue where the "boxes" become different sized and makes them look a mess. There's a couple of solutions I can think of, but I don't know how to achieve them. A) I could make the minimum height for the "product box" taller or B) I could modify the name of the merchant to be shorter. I think A) is a better choice because I'm not certain I can always fit a merchant's name on one line. I'd love to hear any solutions you might have for fixing the problem.

2. I can't seem to change the font size on the h2 of the product name. I've tried changing the h2 in the CSS for my site, but nothing seems to change anything. My assumption is that it has something to do with your embedded styles. The font for the title is really chunky. Is there an easy way for me to change this. I can't be certain, but I think it is also creating this problem on the search view for my site:

http://doomedgroom.com/images/DATAFE...CH_PROBLEM.png

I'm also concerned that if I do this and it creates more than one line, I'll run into the same issue as problem #1.

3. Is there an easy way to make the product thumbnails a little larger? Right now, they're a little hard to see.

4. Is there an easy way to change to order of which products show up? There are some I'd like to move to the first page of my product lists (because I get a higher commission for them).

5. Is there a way to make searches only search the category that they are on, rather than the entire store? (This isn't a huge problem, but would be helpful).

6. The title/tab on my store's front page says "This is the store's front page |" -- how do I change this?

Well, I think that's about it. Sorry about the length, but I thought I would just pull together all my final (at least for now) questions into one post. Other than these things, I'm just about ready to go!

Thanks!

Tom

Last edited by visfxguy : August 1st, 2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Needed to correct URL to images
Old August 1st, 2012, 08:16 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

1. As for the merchant's name, I'd suggest using the CSS overflow property as I outlined in this post: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...0166#post20166 It will allow you to control the exact number of lines the merchant's name takes up.

2. You'll need to apply the CSS to your h2 a property.

3. It depends. If the thumbnails are large enough, then you can do so by editing your CSS. But without knowing your site's URL, it's impossible to help.

4. You can sort products by name, price, clickthoughs and views ascending or descending. That can be changed by clicking the settings icon ( ) for your Product List module.

5. Yes, it's possible and I covered how to do it here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4110

6. You can change that here: The Factory > Your Store > VIEWS > Store Front Page > Default > View menu > View <head> Properties.

Eric
Old August 1st, 2012, 10:25 PM

Thanks for your response, Eric. As usual, my issues can't be...well...usual.

1. Just to clarify, where would I do this? Is this in the Store>Custom CSS section or where I make changes to the category view -- or is it even on my own site CSS? Unfortunately, I'm a real newbie and not as savvy as a lot of guys -- so I'm sort of in the deep water here. Any detail you could go into would really help.

2. I've been changing the h2 a on my CSS styles and it won't budge. I've taken it down to 8px and it still looks exactly the same. There isn't any change at all. That's why I'm thinking that it's something on your side and how it's relating to my CSS. Any other options?

3. Totally understand. This isn't a huge issue, so I'll wait until I go live to ask it again.

4. That pretty much answers my question. It sounds like I can't make specific products fall into specific places. You guys might want to consider adding this in future versions. I have some T-Shirts that I sell where I not only make a commission, but also a royalty for the design on them. Needless to say, I'd like to make those one of the first ones that people see. It looks like the controls that you guys have don't allow for this granular of a choice.

5. Done! Thanks!

6. Done! Thanks!
Old August 2nd, 2012, 06:22 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

1. Try adding this to your Custom CSS:
Code:
#view .col1 .pl h2, 
#view .col1 .pl h2 a {
	font-size: 12px;
}
Here's how to add code to your Custom CSS: http://www.datafeedr.com/videos?vide...rc=yt#videotop

2. I see you have this in your code:
HTML Code:
<div class="prc">From [product.merchant]</div>
It should be something like this:
HTML Code:
<div class="merchant">From [product.merchant]</div>
Then add some CSS code like this to your Custom CSS:
Code:
.merchant {
	overflow: hidden;
	height: 2.4em;
	line-height: 1.2em;
	margin: 0 5px;
	padding: 0;
	font-size: 10px;
}
If those changes don't work, we'll have to wait until you roll out the changes to a live site that I can see. I see that you are hosted locally right now and therefore it's impossible for me to troubleshoot datafeedr/theme conflicts. But after your store is live, I can help.

Eric
Old August 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM

Ha!!! Both of them worked like a charm!!! Awesome!!!

Thanks, Eric! When I go live, I'll touch back about what I can do to make the thumbs a little larger.

Tom