Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old June 1st, 2012, 12:10 AM

Default Embedded in Posts

Hi Eric

Store ID: 35305
Website URL: ecoshoppingstore.com
URL to page in question:

I have been putting products in several posts, most of the time they have been working, however some don't.

I have replaced the product numbers and sometimes they work and others times they don't.
I have watched the video several times to make sure I was doing it right, Yes I have put the DFR codes in ok.

Could you please suggest why some product come up and others don't? is this a datafeedr problem or a merchant problem. I have checked the merchants and the products are still on their websites etc and in the datafeeds.

Also can you tell me which video shows me how to customize the size and layout of the products in the embedded posts. There's no 'search bar' for the videos and I forgot which one it was.

Not sure why this is not working properly. Thanks for your help
Lisa
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj6kpgy View Post
Could you please suggest why some product come up and others don't? is this a datafeedr problem or a merchant problem. I have checked the merchants and the products are still on their websites etc and in the datafeeds.
Are you sure the products are in your store?

If so, can you supply a few of the shortcodes that are not working?

Eric
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:50 PM

Store ID: 35305
Website URL: ecoshoppingstore.com
URL to page in question:

HI Eric
These are two that are not working and i would like them to be. but there are others as well its just a hit or miss when you put the numbers in.

Saaf Organic Enriching Hair Oil [DFR:Embedded in Posts?p=165600194156673]

Suki Hair & Scalp Conditioning Oil [DFR:Embedded in Posts?p=1706800193438690]

I did a search of the products in the factory and they show up, I assume that if the products are coming up they are in the merchants data feed. Is this right or not?

Or if they took the product off, would it still show up or not? How do you know if the product is still available in there product feed?

This may be the problem? But it does it for a lot of products, I check for products in the factory first, get the number and put it across, but sometimes they work and other times they don't.

I'm not 100% sure about this but I have noticed that some number combinations don't work and others do, its a bit unreliable but numbers starting with 333 work OK but some numbers starting with 1 may not. could just be my imagination.

Thanks Lisa
Old June 2nd, 2012, 12:53 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The issue is those products aren't in your store. A product must be added to one of your store's categories before it can be referenced by a shortcode.

Once those products are added to one of your categories, the shortcode should work as expected.

Eric