Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 8th, 2011, 07:40 AM

Default URL Settings

Hi I'm installing Version 3 from scratch as I'm a new user. Everything seems to be going OK except I have hit a stumbling block with URL settings.

My website is currently live at www.dysoncompare.com. The idea is that each page (home and product pages) will feature price comparisons within the text of the page that is already visible. I do not want to overwrite what is currently on the website but integrate datafeedr into it.

So I'm not sure which settings I need. Please note I do NOT have any sort of URL rewrites installed in Wordpress.

Hope you can help with the URL setting options:

Front page URL:
Default categories:
Product URLs:
Product detail page:
Product image:
Product thumbnail:
Search page:
CSS file:
Legacy URL support:
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Datafeedr Team

Basically, it doesn't matter what your URLs are if all you want to do is embed a comparison set into your posts, the URLs won't really matter at all.

I went to your site and saw what you have. If I understand you correctly, you basically want to add comparison prices for each product you've posted about. Here's how you can do that: http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/167 That covers how to embed a custom view (in this case a comparison set) into your blog's post or page. Embedding store content into your blog is pretty easy.

Eric
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM

OK a bit of progress here but still adding to the confusion.

This is the important bit:

Am I better to just build a new WP store from scratch using the Factory & Views section and then just copy over my existing content and images that I already have in the website and placing them into the modules or should I keep the existing store that's currently online and just merge everything together somehow?

The other problem I now face is that apart from the categories and products the store does not seem to upload to my server. I receive no error message at all. If I check the URL there's nothing there.
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Eric - I just got your reply as I was writing this. I'll try that, still not sure about the uploading though. You don't by any chance have a phone no. I can call you on or Skpe
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberil View Post
Am I better to just build a new WP store from scratch using the Factory & Views section and then just copy over my existing content and images that I already have in the website and placing them into the modules or should I keep the existing store that's currently online and just merge everything together somehow?
If you import your store into your WP blog, your blog's posts and pages will still function the same. The only thing that will happen is that a new page will be created and your store will run within that page. All of your other blog pages will remain unchanged.

Quote:
The other problem I now face is that apart from the categories and products the store does not seem to upload to my server. I receive no error message at all. If I check the URL there's nothing there.
Did you install the new Version 3 plugin?
Did you input your connection key?
Did you click 'Update store'?
Did you receive an error message? If so, what?

I'm not sure at what stage of the process you are in so it's hard to explain what you need to do.

Eric
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:39 AM

Great!

I got it to work. Thanks Eric.

BTW when do you think the stock update option will be available?

Paul
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi
Quote:
BTW when do you think the stock update option will be available?
I'm not sure what you mean by 'stock update option'....

Eric
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:48 AM

With most of the retailers theres an option to include: Stock 0 or 1 - Can this be included within the Embeddable Comp Set
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Datafeedr Team

We took a look at adding that option to our database but found that most merchants did not provide that type of information therefore that data would be mostly inaccurate. If you know the status of the product, you could add the status to the products description or an empty field such as "Promotional text" or "Specifications" field and then call those fields from the comp set template like: [product.promo] or [product.specs]
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:07 AM

Eric

Everything is running great and the software is excellent.

I have one small issue that perhaps you can assist me with.

I have used 'standard template 1' for the 'comparison sets' which is straight forward. However, I want to add the 'sale price (if exists)' option. However I can't get it to view correctly on the webpage. For instance please see: http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...27-all-floors/

1. The 'sale price' shows but does not remove the old price
2. The 'sale price' shows above the logo

The code I used is as follows:

<?php if ($product->saleprice > 0 && $product->saleprice < $product->price) { ?>
<div class="prc">
<small>
Was: <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span>
Now: <span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
</small>
</div>
<?php } else { ?>
<div class="prc">
<small>
[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]
</small>
</div>
<?php } ?><table width="100%">
[compset.each]
<tr>
<td>[product.merchant_logo]</td>
<td>[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</td>
<td><a href="[product.url]" class="dfbutton dforange dflarge">Buy Now</a></td>
</tr>
[/compset.each]
</table>​

Eric, I've asked a friend to help but he couldn't fix it I wonder whether you are able to.

Many thanks

Paul
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I think this is what you want:

Code:
<table width="100%">
[compset.each]
	<tr>
		<td>[product.merchant_logo]</td>
		<td valign="middle" class="prc">
			<small>
				<?php if ($product->saleprice > 0 && $product->saleprice < $product->price) { ?>
					Was: <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]</span><br />
					Now: <span style="font-weight: bold; color:red;">[product.currency mode='sign'][product.saleprice]</span>
				<?php } else { ?>
					[product.currency mode='sign'][product.price]
				<?php } ?>		
			</small>
		</td>
		<td><a href="[product.url]" class="dfbutton dforange dflarge">Buy Now</a></td>
	</tr>
[/compset.each]
</table>​
By the way, your site looks stellar! Nice work.

Eric
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:27 AM

As a sidenote the missing merchant logos on your site (Dixons, Sainsbury's) are now available. If you need other merchant logos that are still missing let me know.
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the compliment.

With regards the logos I still need: Chantry Digital, Currys, DIY Tools, Electrical Discount UK, Electrical Experience.

How do I get the logos you uploaded for Dixons and Sainsbury's to show on the webpage. I uploaded the site through WP but it didn't help.

Also, will you be adding a feature to remove/delete 'views' - I couldn't find a way.
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Datafeedr Team

You can delete views by going to the View menu and choosing either delete or reset. Not all views are deletable.
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Thanks for that. It takes a while to find my way around the menus. Any ideas how to get those new logos on the site?
Old January 10th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
How do I get the logos you uploaded for Dixons and Sainsbury's to show on the webpage. I uploaded the site through WP but it didn't help.
Did you specify the directory path for your logos in your Datafeedr plugin control panel (section Web)?

http://www.datafeedr.com/docs/item/132

Last edited by stefan : January 10th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:01 PM

Hi Stefan

Yes I did specify it. These logos were added to your system today as they were broken images by Eric. The older logos work.

EG the page I'm trying to get to work is http://www.dysoncompare.com/dyson-up...4-multi-floor/

Last edited by cyberil : January 10th, 2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Datafeedr Team

Try updating your store. The new images should be imported.
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM

I tried that, clearing cache etc. but made no difference

Perhaps I need to remove the merchants first?
Old January 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Datafeedr Team

Can you tell me what you have for the "Merchant logo directory" on this page.