Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old October 10th, 2012, 10:05 AM

Default Block products permanently

Eric

Is there any way we could block products permanently when performing searches? I understand we can block them when we run a search so they are not saved but if we run that search again in the future (from my experience), they are returned again so have to go through and block them again
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

You can block products permanently from a store but that will not prevent them from showing up when performing a search. They will appear in your searches so that you always have access to them if you change your mind in the future.

Clicking the "block from store" link will override any subscriptions you create and block that product from your store no matter what.

Also, you can create search subscriptions for removing products from your store. When you go to save the search, under "Action" you can choose "Remove these products from this store".

Eric
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:19 AM

Sorry Eric, I think I've confused myself

Let's say I create a category, perform a search and find 100 products. I decide that I don't want 5 products to appear in the future searches so I save the 95 products as a subscription. I now have a list of 95 products. However if I want to edit this subscription by performing the search again, the original 5 products I blocked are now saved in the modified search results and would need to be excluded again.

Does that make sense or am I making hard work of things?
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Those 5 products will always be returned in your searches, however, after you have blocked them, they will not appear in your store. You only have to block them 1 time, not over and over.

Eric
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM

Ah i've got you. So even though they appear in the results and I can block them in there I don't need to
Old October 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Datafeedr Team

Correct.