Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 27th, 2011, 11:41 AM

Default Missing data on products

Hi Eric/Stefan

I'm currently setting up a new website using Pixmania as the sole merchant. However there is a lot of information missing in the data feed that can be found by clicking on 'more info' by each product, such as 'brand' (useful for brand filtering and sorting product categories), 'description' which only contains a short summary (essential for the product page) and I think 'sale price'. There are a lot of products and withoput all the data it makes setting up the sight very difficult and inaccurate.

Is datafeedr able to control the amount of information available in the factory for a merchant or is this something only the merchant controls?

What are my options? I'm not keen on changing merchant as a lot of prep work has already taken place or should I speak with a representative from Affiliate Window?

Thanks
Paul
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberil View Post
Is datafeedr able to control the amount of information available in the factory for a merchant or is this something only the merchant controls?
This is something that the merchant controls. We can only gather what the merchant is supplying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberil View Post
What are my options? I'm not keen on changing merchant as a lot of prep work has already taken place or should I speak with a representative from Affiliate Window?
I would contact the affiliate manager for Pixmania and ask them to include more information into their datafeeds in the proper fields of the datafeed (ie. Brand name in datafeed brand name field, etc...).

Eric
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:14 PM

Hi Eric

I just spoke with Affiliate Window and they tell me for the purposes of SEO and duplicate content that that the policy of Pixmania is not to include full product descriptions. Do you know of a way I could scrape the descriptions directly from their website or the manufacturers and insert it into my website?

Also they informed me after checking their feed that their is additional data available that datafeedr doesn't show in the 'more info' of the product in the 'factory'. They asked for you to amend the way you collect your data, as follows:

'Brand' - brand_name
'Promo Text' (used for voucher codes - promotional_text

Thanks

Paul
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

I don't know of an automated way to scrape descriptions from their site.

It seems we were missing some extra fields in the AW datafeeds. We are working on getting those processed. I will update you when the new fields have been added.

Eric
Old January 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM

Thanks
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

We've now added the additional datafeed fields to AW's products.

Eric
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:58 AM

Hi eric

Was it just the 'brand' and 'promo text' fields you added?
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Datafeedr Team

We added any field that we support and that they offered.
Old January 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM

The reason I ask is that on the phone yesterday AW told me that for this merchant 'Brand' (brand_name) is available in the feeds. But this still isn't showing in the products in the factory.
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Something strange is going on. The new data is appearing in our backend but is not displaying in the Factory. I will update you once this issue is resolved.

Eric
Old January 29th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

The new fields have now been added. You can find the Brand and Promotional Text for Pixmania products.

Eric