Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old February 1st, 2015, 02:48 AM

Default Merchant's product images not showing in new store

Store ID: 47410
Website URL: BrentWilliamz.com

Thought I'd have a break from working on Androids.net.au so decided to put up a DFR of scifi & fantasy products on my own name's domain, sitting on the Internet doing nothing much for a coupla years.

The Shareasale merchant is Things From Another World (tfaw.com) & when setting up this store, I've duplicated most of the DFR tech stuff from Androids.net.au. However, the images aren't displaying on the homepage, product detail or category pages.

I carried out both processes for image display; firstly your Factory default store/image/%pi/%ps/ and store/thumbnail/%pi/%ps/. Then the locally stored version as per my recent thread where you helped me. Neither worked in this instance.

I've set the site back to default URLs for now. Any idea where I've gone astray? Or is something set wrong with this merchant's datafeed?

Hope you can help find the problem.

PS For now, I haven't changed [product.thumbnail] to [product.image] in store views but I don't think that's affecting image display. They are reasonable sizes.
PPS When I stored images locally, they didn't download into appropriate folders on my site; not a one.
Old February 1st, 2015, 10:31 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

It appears that the merchant has left off "http:" from their image URLs therefore it's currently not going to work.

Currently their images look like this: d2lzb5v10mb0lj.cloudfront.net/covers_tfaw/400/AP/APR141265.jpg

We will take a look at this issue and see what we can do.

I'll update when we know more.

Eric
Old February 1st, 2015, 09:55 PM

Thanks, Eric for checking into this so quickly. Glad it wasn't just my bumbling with code copy/paste.

I had occasion to speak with someone in tech at their store a year ago & they were very helpful. That's why I believe it's worth our time setting up a dedicated shop to sell their excellent range of fantasy/scifi/horror/sitcom graphic novels, comic books, collectibles & other merchandise.

I remember having a squizz at their csv feed back then & again, like Chinavasion's, being VERY impressed. Maybe things have changed though. I know they consider affiliates as an important & integral part of their successful business model online.

So see how you go... if I can help by liaising with the merchant, let me know.
Old February 4th, 2015, 12:32 AM

Eric, further to the problem of incomplete URLs, I've checked back with old (2011 & 2012) CSV's from Things From Another World merchant. They used to have their images available through their affiliate image subdomain, eg. http://affimg.tfaw.com/covers/100/16/16577.jpg.

Apparently, as their online business has gone from strength to strength, they serve them up through Amazon's Cloudfront service for speed of delivery etc.

Maybe it's unreasonable to ask you to implement an auto search/replace routine within DFR to add "http:" to the front of their datafile's image & thumbnail URLs. Maybe not.

Possibly it's an oversight by their web team when exporting the datafile to Shareasale.

So I'll get onto them today & see if anything can be done at their end to correct this feed glitch if that's okay with you?
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

There's nothing you or they need to do. We are addressing this issue on our end and I will update you when the changes have taken effect.

Thanks
Eric
Old February 4th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Oh, sorry, Eric, hush my mouth. Didn't realise. I'm just used to merchants' csv/xml export occasionally doing strange things & having to get them to fix it.

Happy to wait. Is it okay if I keep populating this site with search subs in the meantime?

My partner Tracey & I are excited to finally be doing something proper with Things From Another World products using Datafeedr.

We can see a few niche sites we can crank up over time by drilling down within their huge range of merchandise categories. Ta, mate.
Old February 5th, 2015, 09:20 AM
Datafeedr Team

Yes, you can keep populating your site with search subscriptions.

I'll update you when the changes are live.

Eric
Old February 8th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Sorry for the delay. This issue should now be resolved.

You'll need to go here WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr and click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

Eric
Old February 9th, 2015, 04:32 AM

Hi, Eric, I did as instructed but no-go.

Also set image & thumbnail directories to %li, %lt then re-ran Update Products & Settings. Still nothing.

Any further ideas? Did I miss something in Store settings?
Old February 9th, 2015, 11:21 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Sorry, please do this:

1. Go here WordPress Admin Area > Tools > Datafeedr
2. Click the [Upgrade Plugin] button at the bottom of the page.
3. After the plugin is upgraded, then click the [Update Products and Settings] button.

That will fix the issue.

Eric
Old February 9th, 2015, 10:10 PM

Eric, whatever you did, in the system & with the plugin, was excellent! All images work nicely now.

BrentWilliamz.com looks so good I'll probably have to turn it from a testbed site into a proper sales site... before I convert our real scifi site (ScienceFictionFantasy.info) to run Datafeedr instead of daggy old GoldenCAN.

Many, many thanks, mate.
Old February 10th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Datafeedr Team

Great! Glad it worked!