Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Upgrading from V1 to V3
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old January 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashnow View Post
(Really got to say your customer service is excellent! If you need some customer reviews, let me know.)
Thanks! We're always accepting customer reviews.
Old January 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM

Default 404ing most, but not all of my product pages...

Hi Eric & Stefan,

First off let me say how excited I am to see these new feature sets in the version 3. I have been secretly been hoping for some of them.

I believe I am having a similar problem to member cashnow above. I am 404ing most, but not all of my product pages. I am fairly certin I followed all the upgrade instructions closely but here we are.

My store ID is 14858
URL - http://www.buyfootball.net

I did notice that my store structure is sometimes /store/product/product ID-cj (this is the structure that 404's)
example: http://www.buyfootball.net/store/pro...4-10364734-cj/

And then sometimes the structure is /store/category/prod ID
example: http://www.buyfootball.net/store/jac...7200079616634/
However you'll notice that this product appears as a sub category in the wrong category. It's a New Orleans Saints jacket in the New England Patriots category. If instead of googling this product description you visit the site and click on the Saints category then on jackets you will find this product and it will not appear in the Patriots category.

Strange. What the heck have I screwed up.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Chris
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Chris,

Try using "store/category/%ci/" or "store/category/%cp/" for the Default category page URL field in URL Settings.

Try using "store/%ci/%pi/" or "store/%cp/%pi/" for the Product detail page field in URL Settings.

The issue is related to what I posted here: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...75&postcount=8

Hopefully that helps,

Eric
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi

If, in the Version 1 plugin, you went to Datafeedr > Pages > Add New Page and created a new store page for your Version 1 store, that page you created will not be transferred to your Version 3 store. This is because there is no way for the Factory to "know" about that custom page that you created from your blog's admin area.

So, let's say you want to re-create that "Baby Baptism Gifts" custom page in Version 3. Here's how you would do that:
  1. Log into the Factory
  2. Go to VIEWS > Custom Views > Add a new view
  3. Name the new view "Baby Baptism Gifts".
  4. Add the content you want to display to the view.
  5. Update your store.
Now, when you go to http://www.forbabygifts.com/store/baby-baptism-gifts/, you will see the new content you created in that view.

Eric
Hi Eric,

We are testing on the temp - so I will be asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance!

I did the above instructions, but instead of /store/ in the URL, it gets dropped. so in the above example, the URL now looks like this: http://www.forbabygifts.com/baby-baptism-gifts/. (The link will not work since we are testing on a temp site. You can see the page here

Is there a way to keep the /store/? If not, not a big deal since there are only about 45 of these pages. I can use the redirect widget if need be.
Old January 16th, 2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Thanks! We're always accepting customer reviews.
Should I send it you via e-mail? And I see that you are using reviews on the homepage. Is there a way for you to include the reviewer's store. I am not sure you have this feature but if I was looking around, I would want to see some live examples from happy customers. Just a thought.
Old January 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Is there a way to keep the /store/? If not, not a big deal since there are only about 45 of these pages. I can use the redirect widget if need be.
I believe this is happening because you've removed "store" from the Front page URL field in your URL Settings. Can you try adding "store" again and see if the custom page is at the correct URL?

Obviously, it seems you want to have your store on the homepage. So, you could either redirect the 45 pages to the new URLs or redirect your homepage to the /store/ page.

I'm going to be looking into adding a new field in the URL Settings specifically for custom views. That seems to be missing.

Quote:
Should I send it you via e-mail? And I see that you are using reviews on the homepage. Is there a way for you to include the reviewer's store. I am not sure you have this feature but if I was looking around, I would want to see some live examples from happy customers. Just a thought.
We have testimonials here. If you want to send one, you can email me (eric at datafeedr dot com) or send it via PM. Thanks!
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:21 PM

I think we'll use the redirect. I do not want to change my homepage URL.

I will send you a review in a few days

I have some other questions: (I am having the toughest time figuring out how to associate a view with a category). I have read the manuals but my light-bulb is not going on.

What I am trying to do is recreate exactly my old page into the V3 pages. Thanks to your setting, the URLs are the same. But I cannot figure out how to recreate the rest. For example, this page: I am using the meta tags as part of the <title> and the meta description as part of the on page text. How do I do this with V3 on this page? (As you can see I got 'test' in there but do not remember how I did it.)
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:47 PM

Nevermind. Just figured it out. Save your energy for my next questions. When it comes.
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM

Have a quick question:

Can I start building out my custom view pages (as well as setting category, product page view settings) in the factory before we install V3 plugin in WP?

And when we install V3, the changes will be visible on the live site?
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Datafeedr Team

You can start setting up everything in the Factory before you install the plugin on your site.

After you install V3 and update your store, the changes will be visible.
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:44 PM

Very cool!

Have a silly question. Besides DFdrs widgets and plugin, will V3 change any of the existing plugins or widgets? I do not think so, but our navigation is heavily using the WP text widget.
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Datafeedr Team

Not that I know of.
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM

These question may not belong here but I have a few easy ones for you (I cannot figure them out)

1) How do I change the size of the H tags? (Is this in the Thesis css or DF?)
2) I would like the hyperlinks to be not underlined. How do I do that?
3) I was unable to change the thumbnail or single product page image using your instructions. I went to Store - Custom CSS, but was unable to find anything about image
4) How do I change the single product page price size? I went to CSS and changed the font size, saved it, but nothing happened after I updated the store.

Think what I am asking is how do I get control over the text, links, pics formatting on the site? Here's another example, would like to reduce the size of the product name on the category pages.

Perhaps you have a tutorial I missed. If so, can you point to me that page?

Thank you!!
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
These question may not belong here but I have a few easy ones for you (I cannot figure them out)

1) How do I change the size of the H tags? (Is this in the Thesis css or DF?)
2) I would like the hyperlinks to be not underlined. How do I do that?
3) I was unable to change the thumbnail or single product page image using your instructions. I went to Store - Custom CSS, but was unable to find anything about image
4) How do I change the single product page price size? I went to CSS and changed the font size, saved it, but nothing happened after I updated the store.

Think what I am asking is how do I get control over the text, links, pics formatting on the site? Here's another example, would like to reduce the size of the product name on the category pages.

Perhaps you have a tutorial I missed. If so, can you point to me that page?

Thank you!!
Hi

These are all quite different questions that require their own thread to be properly addressed. We are trying to keep the support forums as organized as possible to ensure that it's as easy as possible to find the answers you are searching for.

Can you please repost each question in their own threads in the proper forums? This will help keep your thread organized and focused and allow us to quickly and accurately answer your questions.

Here's a link to our posting guidelines: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...6527#post16527

Thanks
Eric