Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old April 11th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

When you replaced all of the HTML for your menu, you removed a bunch of JavaScript and possible CSS that was needed to control the drop down menu effect.

Adding all of the categories and sub-categories using PhotoShop is probably not a good idea, plus you'll still need to have some JavaScript to control menu visibility.

Eric
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM

Greetings,

I've been following various posts and bits of advice from this thread, beginning with the original post, and then amending bits of code as suggested in order to create a drop-down store menu.

Long story short, everything's sorted out, I have my store drop-down menu, etc., but I'd like to know how to move the "Store" tab on my site to a different position on my site than where it now appears by default.

(To clarify, after adding the code suggested in this thread to my functions.php file, and to my Datafeedr Custom Page view, and then adding a Menu to my site and setting it as primary - a Menu which I haven't added "Store" to, in order to avoid the duplication error - I have no idea on how to arrange the order of my "Store" tab on my menu bar relative to my other tabs.)

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,

- Dan
Old April 26th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Dan,

You can change the order of your menu items on your Menus page here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Menus

Eric
Old April 27th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Hi Dan,

You can change the order of your menu items on your Menus page here: WordPress Admin Area > Appearance > Menus

Eric
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response. The issue however is that I've had to leave my "Store" page unchecked on my menu list (i.e. un-added to my menu) after adding all of the right bits of code to my site and store page, otherwise two "Store" tabs display on my site, and only one of them features the drop down memory.

- Dan
Old April 27th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi,

Just remove the "Store" page from your Menu settings and then you will have only 1 store page, not 2.

Eric
Old April 29th, 2013, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Just remove the "Store" page from your Menu settings and then you will have only 1 store page, not 2.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Apologies, I think I haven't explained myself very well. Removing my "Store" page from my Menu settings is precisely what I've done. But now my remaining "Store" page (the one with the dropdown menu) appears in an undesirable position on my general site layout which I have no control over.

I.E. I want to move it to the right hand side of my "Home" tab, but it (by default) is appearing on the far end of navigation bar, and I have no idea on how to reposition it.

- Dan

Last edited by DWessels : April 29th, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Old April 29th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWessels View Post
Hi Eric,

Apologies, I think I haven't explained myself very well. Removing my "Store" page from my Menu settings is precisely what I've done. But now my remaining "Store" page (the one with the dropdown menu) appears in an undesirable position on my general site layout which I have no control over.

I.E. I want to move it to the right hand side of my "Home" tab, but it (by default) is appearing on the far end of navigation bar, and I have no idea on how to reposition it.

- Dan
Hi Dan,

I see what you mean now.

To put "Store" on the left, change the code in your functions.php file to:

PHP Code:
function dfr_menu_items($items$args) { 
    if (
$args->theme_location == 'primary') { 

$cats str_replace(array("<div>","</div>"), array("",""), datafeedr_tag('Category List?c=%ci')); 

$items $cats $items
    } 
    return 
$items

add_filter'wp_nav_menu_items''dfr_menu_items'10); 
Eric
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:15 AM

Hi Eric,

There seems to be a problem - after updating my functions.php file with the code you provided, the "Store" tab vanished altogether from my site.

It's worth mentioning (in case the two things are related) that the functions.php code provided in your original post in this thread actually had the same effect on my "Store" tab (it vanished altogether) and it only displayed when I changed the code in the functions.php to the following (as per one of your other posts in this thread):

Quote:
Try this code in your functions.php file instead
PHP Code:
// Add store categories to nav menu
function dfr_menu_items($items) {

$cats str_replace(array("<div>","</div>"), array("",""), datafeedr_tag('Category List?c=%ci'));

$items $items $cats;
    return 
$items;
}
add_filter'wp_nav_menu_items''dfr_menu_items' ); 

- Dan
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Dan,

OK, change the code back to how you had it. Then just change this line:
PHP Code:
$items $cats $items
To this:
PHP Code:
$items $items $cats
Eric
Old April 29th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Hi Eric,

I changed the two bits of code around, and now the Store tab is at the farthest left position on my navigation bar. This is an improvement over it being on the far right - so thank you.

However, I wonder if it would be possible to have it appear as the second tab on my navigation bar (immediately after my "Home" tab) as opposed to the very first one?

Thanks

- Dan
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi Dan,

I don't think that's possible without messing around with the theme files.

But I guess you could remove "Home" from the menu as there's already a link to your homepage when you click the logo and/or site's title.

Eric
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Hi Dan,

I don't think that's possible without messing around with the theme files.

But I guess you could remove "Home" from the menu as there's already a link to your homepage when you click the logo and/or site's title.

Eric
Hi Eric,

Thanks. That's what I'll do for the meantime, then.

All the best

- Dan