Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM

Default Sorting Feature

Store ID: 1370z6okhigyxuvq
Website URL: czarczar.com

URL to page in question: (SIMILAR) http://www.zales.com/family/index.js...goryId=3045659

Hi,
I am starting build my JEWELRY STORE.
There are so many choice by " Size", "Price", "Stone Type", "Metal Type"---

Can I do custom SORTING FEATURE for that? Or I have to fill in different categories again & again?

Thanks
Feerie
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Sorting for some of those parameters doesn't make much sense... For example, how would "Sort by Store Type (Ascending/Descending)" be helpful? The user would still have to page through lots of pages before getting to "Silver Rings".

Filters would work better. I would try to use filters such as:

price=200-500&word=gold+diamond+ring

It's not perfect but no merchants provide material delimited fields because nearly all networks don't support that level of granularity in their data feed constructs.

This thread could help: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3853

To have the most accurate results you might have to build each category manually, however I would try implementing the steps outlined in the link above to see if you can get what you want first.

Eric
Old August 13th, 2012, 06:57 PM

Default GREAT

Thanks.

That's exactly what I need.

feerie
Old August 14th, 2012, 07:53 AM

Hi, Eric:

Could you be kind tell me how to setup the code for below.

(1) DISCOUNT
10% Off or More
25% Off or More
50% Off or More
70% Off or More

(2) AVG. Customer Review
***** & Up
**** & Up
*** & Up
** & Up
* & Up

(3) QUANTITY OF PRODUCTS
Earrings Ball (201)
Drop & Dangle (21,045)
Diamond Accented (199)
Hoop (1,881)
Stud (28,631)

THANKS
Feerie
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Because discounts and reviews information are not stored in our database, those filtering parameters will not be possible.

You can add this tag [category.count total='no'] to your category views next to [category.name] to display the total number of products in each category.

Eric
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:45 PM

Store ID: 169kz4tyljav6giw
Website URL: http:http://earrings.fuuuu.co/store/category/diamond-drop/
URL to page in question: filter doesn't work.

Hi, Eric:

The filters don't work.Where did I do wrong?

THANKS
Feerie
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

There are a couple of problems. First, here's your code for Metal Types:

HTML Code:
<ul>
                 <?php if                  (@$_GET['Metal Type']) { ?>
                  <li><a                  href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='-Metal Type']">[X]                  Remove Metal Type filter</a></li>
                 <?php } else { ?>

<li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=Platinum']">Platinum</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=18K White                  Gold']">18K White Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=18K Yellow                  Gold']">18K Yellow Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=18K Rose                  Gold']">18K Rose Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=18K 2Tone                  Gold']">18K 2Tone Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=14K White                  Gold']">14K White Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=14K Yellow                  Gold']">14K Yellow Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=14K Rose                  Gold']">14K Rose Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=14K 2Tone                  Gold']">14K 2Tone Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=10K White                  Gold']">10K White Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=10K Yellow                  Gold']">10K Yellow Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=10K Rose                  Gold']">10K Rose Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=10K 2Tone                  Gold']">10K 2Tone Gold</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=Sterling                  Silver']">Sterling Silver</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=Palladium']">Palladium</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=Titanium']">Tatinum</a></li>
                 <li><a href="[server.url                  type='fullpage' query='Metal Type=Tungsten']">Tungsten</a></li>

<?php } ?>
                 </ul>
The first problem is what I mentioned in post #2 of this thread and that is merchant's don't provide characteristics of their products in specific data feed fields such as "metal type" or "carat". So doing something like the following will never work:

query='Metal Type=Titanium'

You would be better off doing:

word='Titanium'

Secondly, your code has many spaces in the code. For example, you have this:

Code:
query='Metal Type=14K Yellow                  Gold'
You can't have all of the space. That will severely mess up the query.

To rewrite that correctly using the proper code and spacing it would look like this:

Code:
query='word=14K Yellow Gold'
Same goes for all of your other filters.

Eric