Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old December 3rd, 2014, 10:07 PM

Default Combining filters with categories and searches

Website URL: http://allesovergeurtjes.com/Webshop

Hi,

As adviced I have created basic categories and some filters and some sorting options.
Filters and sort can now be combined. Works fine.

But when I use the 'simple search' my current filter is lost.. same if I apply filters and then select a category.

If I first use the simple search or select a cagegory I can apply filters within this seach / category..

I need to know how I can prevent the filter from getting cleared after a using simple search or category change.

Thank you.
Old December 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Correct, when you perform a search or select a category, all filters are lost. That's because filters are used to filter the current list of products. Filters are transferred to new lists of products such as search pages or category pages.

Eric
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Two questions regarding this:
1. So there is now way to transfer the current filter (add) to the search or category page?
2. Is there a way to create a filter using a text box? (simple seach style but technical applied as a keyword filter)?
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

1. You can capture the $_GET values passed to the URL and add those as hidden input fields so when a new search is performed, those values are also passed. However, this is not really possible with the category links.

2. I'm sure it's possible however it would involve some custom programming.

These things are outside of the scope we're able to provide. If you need assistance with these custom coding tasks, I would recommend reaching out to David at http://www.affiliatewebdesigners.com/.

Eric