Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Questions
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old August 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your help - that did the trick.

I have another question - We don't send users to the product description view although we ARE using the product description view to enable likes on facebook.

What I would really like to do, is if someone clicks a link from facebook, they will land on the product detail page - what I want to do is redirect them to the parent category instead.

I understand that each product can have multiple categories but is there a shortcode that returns these categories?

1) I can modify the php file to check the referred field and not perform this redirect for facebook robot
2) On the category page, I will know which product the redirect came from and then scroll the user to that product and highlight it.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

You can use the following PHP function to get the relative URL of the category page (substitute my category ID 591459 with yours):

PHP Code:
dfr("url")->query_to_url('view=category&c=591459'
This returns something like:

/store/category/shoes/

Eric
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM

Is there a similar function which will accept a productid and take me to (any of) the parent category?
Old August 29th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

If you have the product ID, you will already have the category ID to pass to that function. The product's category ID can be found using this variable:

PHP Code:
$product->cat_id 
Here's all of the possible variables of the $product object: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/show...1079#post31079

Eric