Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > Current Version (V3) Forum > Problems
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old May 29th, 2011, 04:05 PM

Default Painfully slow page load times

Hi Everyone,

This one just has me stumped. Everything was working fine, or so I thought but it has come to my attention that my page load times are very slow. I think I have narrowed it down to the datafeedr plugin. Maybe a problem with Wordpress 3.1.3 and datafeedr to be specific. I have already contacted my hosting company and they say everything is fine. Has anyone else had this problem?

I am trying to add a cache plugin to help speed things up but I really don't know what I am doing when trying to set these plugins up.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

When you say slow page load times, are you referring to all pages on your site or just your store pages?

Eric
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:04 PM

It's actually all pages, including the admin log in page, all the admin backend pages. Everything is slow. I'll PM you a few URL's so you can see what I am talking about.
Old May 29th, 2011, 05:28 PM

I'll try this out: http://www.datafeedr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4563

Maybe that will help a bit. Hostgator is my host and it seems as though people using hostgator are having similar site speed problems for some reason. I chatted with support as well and (of course) everything was fine on their end. I asked if I upgraded to a VPS, if that would solve the problems and they were pretty clear that it was unnecessary for me.

Not sure what's going on but would love to get it worked out.

Thanks,
Dave
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Datafeedr Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by milknhoney View Post
It's actually all pages, including the admin log in page, all the admin backend pages. Everything is slow. I'll PM you a few URL's so you can see what I am talking about.
Hi

If it's your admin area, then I don't see how it could be Datafeedr. This really sounds like an issue with HG or at the very least, an issue with the server you're on at HG>

Eric
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:19 PM

Hi Eric,

I'm inclined to to agree with you. I am in the process of updating/optimizing one of my sites right now to test and see what works to speed it up. I will post the results and what I did here but so far it looks really good.

Dave