Datafeedr Support Forums  

Go Back   Datafeedr Support Forums > General > News & Announcements
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Important - The support forums are now in "read-only" mode as we transition to an alternative help desk solution. Feel free to contact us here with any of your questions or search the forums for an existing solution.

Old November 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Datafeedr Team

Default Datafeedr Plugin Update: 3.4.3738 is Available

Version 3.4 has been released. The release deals primarily with optimizing your stores so they load faster.

You can read more about how to take advantage of the optimization updates here.

Additionally, there were a few bug fixes related to pagination issues, Amazon prices and random sorting on custom pages.

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Upgrade the plugin to the newest version (instructions).
  2. After your plugin is upgraded, you MUST click the [Update Products and Settings] button to update your store.
Eric
Old November 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM

Eric

Does this have a massive impact on the site performance? At the moment my server is fine re site performance (it's 12 core, 16gb ram so should be!!) but I am thinking of massively downgrading it to a maybe a powerful vps as I am not using a majority of the power. Given it's $300 a month for the server the pennies saved will be nice

note: didn't get the server for just the datafeedr sites!
Old November 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Datafeedr Team

Hi

Yes, it's a pretty big impact but that's not the only thing to think about if you are considering downgrading. If you have lots of sites, a VPS does have limits. I guess I would upgrade to v3.4 then monitor your sites' performance for a month or two. Then look at what a VPS provides and see if a VPS would be sufficient.

By the way, $300 seems like a good deal for what you're getting. Who's your provider?

Eric
Old November 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Thanks, I will test it and see. The server is using a custom setup from Snelserver.com